Miss USA Olivia Culpo Says 'Transgender' Question Is Easy
What came to Olivia Culpo's mind when she was asked whether it would be fair if a transgender woman wins Miss USA? "I thought it was really an easy question," so the winner of the 2012 pageant revealed to Boston.
The 20-year-old cellist from Rhode Island explained why she thought so, "Because it's common knowledge that this is a free country." So, it makes sense that "everyone has the freedom to choose in this country," she added.
Talking about her win, the St. Mary Academy Bay View graduate gushed, "I was just in shock." She continued, "All 51 of those women were beautiful on the inside and outside."
Culpo voiced her support for the transgender in the final round. She said, "I do think that that would be fair but I can understand that people would be a little apprehensive to take that road because there is a tradition of natural-born women, but today where there are so many surgeries and so many people out there who have a need to change for a happier life, I do accept that because I believe it's a free country."
Culpo will represent the United States at the 61st annual Miss Universe pageant later this year. She is also gearing up to do a round of interviews on television. "I will be on 'Live! with Kelly' tomorrow morning!! Soo psyched! My last time on her show was May 8, 20th birthday during the NYC Media Tour :)," she tweeted on Monday, June 4.
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler