Miss USA Olivia Culpo Says 'Transgender' Question Is Easy
What came to Olivia Culpo's mind when she was asked whether it would be fair if a transgender woman wins Miss USA? "I thought it was really an easy question," so the winner of the 2012 pageant revealed to Boston.
The 20-year-old cellist from Rhode Island explained why she thought so, "Because it's common knowledge that this is a free country." So, it makes sense that "everyone has the freedom to choose in this country," she added.
Talking about her win, the St. Mary Academy Bay View graduate gushed, "I was just in shock." She continued, "All 51 of those women were beautiful on the inside and outside."
Culpo voiced her support for the transgender in the final round. She said, "I do think that that would be fair but I can understand that people would be a little apprehensive to take that road because there is a tradition of natural-born women, but today where there are so many surgeries and so many people out there who have a need to change for a happier life, I do accept that because I believe it's a free country."
Culpo will represent the United States at the 61st annual Miss Universe pageant later this year. She is also gearing up to do a round of interviews on television. "I will be on 'Live! with Kelly' tomorrow morning!! Soo psyched! My last time on her show was May 8, 20th birthday during the NYC Media Tour :)," she tweeted on Monday, June 4.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special