Miss USA Olivia Culpo Says 'Transgender' Question Is Easy
What came to Olivia Culpo's mind when she was asked whether it would be fair if a transgender woman wins Miss USA? "I thought it was really an easy question," so the winner of the 2012 pageant revealed to Boston.
The 20-year-old cellist from Rhode Island explained why she thought so, "Because it's common knowledge that this is a free country." So, it makes sense that "everyone has the freedom to choose in this country," she added.
Talking about her win, the St. Mary Academy Bay View graduate gushed, "I was just in shock." She continued, "All 51 of those women were beautiful on the inside and outside."
Culpo voiced her support for the transgender in the final round. She said, "I do think that that would be fair but I can understand that people would be a little apprehensive to take that road because there is a tradition of natural-born women, but today where there are so many surgeries and so many people out there who have a need to change for a happier life, I do accept that because I believe it's a free country."
Culpo will represent the United States at the 61st annual Miss Universe pageant later this year. She is also gearing up to do a round of interviews on television. "I will be on 'Live! with Kelly' tomorrow morning!! Soo psyched! My last time on her show was May 8, 20th birthday during the NYC Media Tour :)," she tweeted on Monday, June 4.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri