Video: Johnny Depp Rocks 2012 MTV Movie Awards With The Black Keys
In addition to receiving the Generation Award at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards which was held on Sunday, June 3, Johnny Depp cheered the audience by presenting a rocking musical performance. Strapping on a yellow guitar, the "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor took the stage along with The Black Keys.
Donning a wide-brim cap completed with his trademark cadre of accessories, Depp strummed his guitar as the Dan Auerbach-fronted rock band performed their hit "Gold on the Ceiling". Before delivering the surprise jam, Depp was introduced to the audience by Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry.
"Steven [Tyler] just spit out one of my teeth," said Depp after the performance. "This is an amazing honor. It's like the get out of the business award. Based on the clips there is obviously something wrong with me. And it's an honor to be presented by these legends Stephen and Joe [Perry] and these up and coming legends The Black Keys."
Hosted by British funnyman Russell Brand, this year's MTV Movie Awards took place at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City. The show was opened by a live performance from Fun., who are joined by Janelle Monae halfway through the set. Wiz Khalifa also threw a musical performance by singing his hit song "Work Hard, Play Hard".
Johnny Depp and The Black Keys Deliver "Gold on the Ceiling":
Wiz Khalifa Delivers "Work Hard, Play Hard":
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24