Nicollette Sheridan's Lawyer Insists 'Desperate Housewives' Retrial Is Not Called Off
Nicollette Sheridan is going to move forward with her lawsuit against "Desperate Housewives" producer Touchstone Television despite the latest ruling that bumped the planned September 10 retrial indefinitely. After the California Court of Appeals ruled on Friday, June 1 that the key claim in the case likely should have been resolved in favor of Touchstone, the actress' lawyer is adamant that it doesn't mean the retrial is called off.
"The reference to amendment in the order is designed to ensure that happens and the September 10 trial date remains intact," said Mark Baute, who leads the legal team of the former "Desperate Housewives" star. He claims, "The order reflects the court of appeals' desire to have the September 10 trial focus on the Labor Code Section 6310 claim," before adding, "We will file our briefs and move forward accordingly."
Touchstone had argued in the initial trial that it simply didn't not pick up Sheridan's options, thus it wasn't considered wrongful termination. Last week, the court of appeals surprisingly issued an order agreeing with Touchstone. "It is further ordered that the retrial currently set for Sept. 10 is hereby stayed pending further order of the court," so the ruling stated.
Sheridan's wrongful termination lawsuit in March was declared a mistrial after the jury was deadlocked. Meanwhile, the battery charge against creator Marc Cherry had been dropped by the judge.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media