MTV Movie Awards 2012: Jennifer Aniston and Shailene Woodley Are Early Winners
The 2012 MTV Movie Awards has just been kicked off on Sunday evening, June 3 at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City. The first winner at the annual prize-giving event was Jennifer Aniston who won the Best On-Screen Dirt Bag award.
Presenting the kudo for Aniston were "Ted" co-stars Mila Kunis and Mark Wahlberg who told a heckler to "f***-off!" Aniston herself grabbed the prize thanks to her role as a sex-crazed doctor in "Horrible Bosses".
Donning a leather dress, Aniston said upon receiving the award, "Do you know how long I've tried to let someone unleash my on-screen dirt bag?" She added, "I would like to say thank you to the TV show 'Friends' for letting me unleash the inner sweetheart. And here's to Seth Gordon for letting me be a dirt bag."
The other early winner was Shailene Woodley, who bagged the Breakthrough Performance gong thanks to her role as George Clooney's daughter in "The Descendants". The award was presented by Emma Stone and her boyfriend Andrew Garfield who made a "The Amazing Spider-Man" entrance a little like the Broadway show.
More winners will soon be revealed at the ongoing MTV Movie Awards, which is hosted by Russell Brand. In a rare move for the annual show, this year's MTV Movie Awards was opened by a live music performance by Fun., who delivered their single "We Are Young" along with Janelle Monae.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby