'Desperate Housewives' Star Kathryn Joosten Died of Lung Cancer
"Desperate Housewives" star Kathryn Joosten has died at the age of 72 on Friday, June 1 in Westlake Village, CA. The Emmy-winning actress' representative confirmed that she was surrounded by family and friends at the time of death.
Joosten who plays Karen McKluskey on "Desperate Housewives" has been battling lung cancer for years now. A heavy smoker, she was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 2001. She went through surgery and chemotherapy treatments that made her cancer-free in January 2010.
Joosten's "Desperate" co-star Brenda Strong has sent her condolences on Twitter, writing "To the memory of an extraordinary woman, actress and friend. Rest in Peace Kathryn Joosten.Wisteria Lane won't be the same without you."
Her death came less than three weeks after her "Desperate" character also died on the series finale.
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof