'Desperate Housewives' Star Kathryn Joosten Died of Lung Cancer
"Desperate Housewives" star Kathryn Joosten has died at the age of 72 on Friday, June 1 in Westlake Village, CA. The Emmy-winning actress' representative confirmed that she was surrounded by family and friends at the time of death.
Joosten who plays Karen McKluskey on "Desperate Housewives" has been battling lung cancer for years now. A heavy smoker, she was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 2001. She went through surgery and chemotherapy treatments that made her cancer-free in January 2010.
Joosten's "Desperate" co-star Brenda Strong has sent her condolences on Twitter, writing "To the memory of an extraordinary woman, actress and friend. Rest in Peace Kathryn Joosten.Wisteria Lane won't be the same without you."
Her death came less than three weeks after her "Desperate" character also died on the series finale.
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC