'Desperate Housewives' Star Kathryn Joosten Died of Lung Cancer
"Desperate Housewives" star Kathryn Joosten has died at the age of 72 on Friday, June 1 in Westlake Village, CA. The Emmy-winning actress' representative confirmed that she was surrounded by family and friends at the time of death.
Joosten who plays Karen McKluskey on "Desperate Housewives" has been battling lung cancer for years now. A heavy smoker, she was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 2001. She went through surgery and chemotherapy treatments that made her cancer-free in January 2010.
Joosten's "Desperate" co-star Brenda Strong has sent her condolences on Twitter, writing "To the memory of an extraordinary woman, actress and friend. Rest in Peace Kathryn Joosten.Wisteria Lane won't be the same without you."
Her death came less than three weeks after her "Desperate" character also died on the series finale.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked