'Desperate Housewives' Star Kathryn Joosten Died of Lung Cancer
"Desperate Housewives" star Kathryn Joosten has died at the age of 72 on Friday, June 1 in Westlake Village, CA. The Emmy-winning actress' representative confirmed that she was surrounded by family and friends at the time of death.
Joosten who plays Karen McKluskey on "Desperate Housewives" has been battling lung cancer for years now. A heavy smoker, she was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 2001. She went through surgery and chemotherapy treatments that made her cancer-free in January 2010.
Joosten's "Desperate" co-star Brenda Strong has sent her condolences on Twitter, writing "To the memory of an extraordinary woman, actress and friend. Rest in Peace Kathryn Joosten.Wisteria Lane won't be the same without you."
Her death came less than three weeks after her "Desperate" character also died on the series finale.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic