'Desperate Housewives' Star Kathryn Joosten Died of Lung Cancer
"Desperate Housewives" star Kathryn Joosten has died at the age of 72 on Friday, June 1 in Westlake Village, CA. The Emmy-winning actress' representative confirmed that she was surrounded by family and friends at the time of death.
Joosten who plays Karen McKluskey on "Desperate Housewives" has been battling lung cancer for years now. A heavy smoker, she was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 2001. She went through surgery and chemotherapy treatments that made her cancer-free in January 2010.
Joosten's "Desperate" co-star Brenda Strong has sent her condolences on Twitter, writing "To the memory of an extraordinary woman, actress and friend. Rest in Peace Kathryn Joosten.Wisteria Lane won't be the same without you."
Her death came less than three weeks after her "Desperate" character also died on the series finale.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Trangender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik
- 'American Idol' Winner Scotty McCreery Cited for Bringing Loaded Gun to Airport