Nick Cannon Explains No-Show as Host in Million Meals for FEED Benefit
Nick Cannon reportedly sent people into panic mode when he was absent from a recent charity concert where he was supposed to serve as a host. The "America's Got Talent" presenter blamed "budgets, production elements and other parties" for the no-show.
A representative for the husband of Mariah Carey told New York Post in an email, "Unfortunately [Nick] was pulled . . . for a shoot and due to budgets, production elements and other parties . . . beyond his control, he was no longer able to participate at the event."
A source said of what happened when Cannon didn't show up, "Nick canceled, causing havoc," before adding, "His name was on the invitation, and they had no host." Another guest claimed he had reserved 10 VIP seats in the front row, near Bill Clinton, but all of them were empty.
Cannon was eventually replaced by former Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II). "Tonight was a success! Clarins Million Meals for FEED! I was absolutely honored to host and perform," she tweeted to her followers after the event. "Unforgettable evening."
The fund raiser took place Wednesday, May 30 at Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall to benefit Lauren Bush's FEED cause. John Legend and Natasha Bedingfield performed, while Clinton delivered a speech. Other guests included fashion designers Donna Karan, Jason Wu and Joseph Altuzarra.
More Nick Cannon News
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'