Nick Cannon Explains No-Show as Host in Million Meals for FEED Benefit
Nick Cannon reportedly sent people into panic mode when he was absent from a recent charity concert where he was supposed to serve as a host. The "America's Got Talent" presenter blamed "budgets, production elements and other parties" for the no-show.
A representative for the husband of Mariah Carey told New York Post in an email, "Unfortunately [Nick] was pulled . . . for a shoot and due to budgets, production elements and other parties . . . beyond his control, he was no longer able to participate at the event."
A source said of what happened when Cannon didn't show up, "Nick canceled, causing havoc," before adding, "His name was on the invitation, and they had no host." Another guest claimed he had reserved 10 VIP seats in the front row, near Bill Clinton, but all of them were empty.
Cannon was eventually replaced by former Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II). "Tonight was a success! Clarins Million Meals for FEED! I was absolutely honored to host and perform," she tweeted to her followers after the event. "Unforgettable evening."
The fund raiser took place Wednesday, May 30 at Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall to benefit Lauren Bush's FEED cause. John Legend and Natasha Bedingfield performed, while Clinton delivered a speech. Other guests included fashion designers Donna Karan, Jason Wu and Joseph Altuzarra.
More Nick Cannon News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video