Nick Cannon Explains No-Show as Host in Million Meals for FEED Benefit
Nick Cannon reportedly sent people into panic mode when he was absent from a recent charity concert where he was supposed to serve as a host. The "America's Got Talent" presenter blamed "budgets, production elements and other parties" for the no-show.
A representative for the husband of Mariah Carey told New York Post in an email, "Unfortunately [Nick] was pulled . . . for a shoot and due to budgets, production elements and other parties . . . beyond his control, he was no longer able to participate at the event."
A source said of what happened when Cannon didn't show up, "Nick canceled, causing havoc," before adding, "His name was on the invitation, and they had no host." Another guest claimed he had reserved 10 VIP seats in the front row, near Bill Clinton, but all of them were empty.
Cannon was eventually replaced by former Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II). "Tonight was a success! Clarins Million Meals for FEED! I was absolutely honored to host and perform," she tweeted to her followers after the event. "Unforgettable evening."
The fund raiser took place Wednesday, May 30 at Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall to benefit Lauren Bush's FEED cause. John Legend and Natasha Bedingfield performed, while Clinton delivered a speech. Other guests included fashion designers Donna Karan, Jason Wu and Joseph Altuzarra.
More Nick Cannon News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal