Grammy Awards Returns to Celebrate Music's Biggest Night on February 10, 2013
The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences has announced the date for 2013 Grammy Awards. The celebration of Music's Biggest Night will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 10, 2013, and will air live on CBS from 8 - 11:30 P.M. (ET/PT).
Its nominees will be revealed on December 5 this year in "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! - Countdown To Music's Biggest Night", that will also air live on CBS. The eligibility year for the 55th Annual Grammy Awards is October 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012.
The Grammys has been held at the Staples Center since 2000, with the exception of the 2003 telecast which was hosted at New York's Madison Square Garden.
This year, it aired a day after Whitney Houston's passing. Featuring Jennifer Hudson singing "I Will Always Love You" in honor of the New Jersey singer, it delivered the second largest audience ever by pulling in 39.9 million viewers, or up 50% from last year.
In the adults 18-49 demographic, the prize-giving event hosted by LL Cool J drew a 14.1/32, or up 41% from last year. Placed behind the 1984 Grammys (43.8 million) in audience number, the Sunday telecast matched its own best adults 18-49 delivery since 1990.
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood