Grammy Awards Returns to Celebrate Music's Biggest Night on February 10, 2013
The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences has announced the date for 2013 Grammy Awards. The celebration of Music's Biggest Night will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 10, 2013, and will air live on CBS from 8 - 11:30 P.M. (ET/PT).
Its nominees will be revealed on December 5 this year in "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! - Countdown To Music's Biggest Night", that will also air live on CBS. The eligibility year for the 55th Annual Grammy Awards is October 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012.
The Grammys has been held at the Staples Center since 2000, with the exception of the 2003 telecast which was hosted at New York's Madison Square Garden.
This year, it aired a day after Whitney Houston's passing. Featuring Jennifer Hudson singing "I Will Always Love You" in honor of the New Jersey singer, it delivered the second largest audience ever by pulling in 39.9 million viewers, or up 50% from last year.
In the adults 18-49 demographic, the prize-giving event hosted by LL Cool J drew a 14.1/32, or up 41% from last year. Placed behind the 1984 Grammys (43.8 million) in audience number, the Sunday telecast matched its own best adults 18-49 delivery since 1990.
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump