'Hatfields and McCoys' Finale Breaks the Show's Own Record
"Hatfields & McCoys" made another history in cable channel. The third and final part of the miniseries topped the record set by its first installment by drawing a massive 14.3 million viewers on Wednesday night, May 31. Among the audience, 6.3 million of them were adults 25-54, and 5.1 million were adults 18-49.
On Memorial Day (Monday, May 28), the drama show debuted to 13.9 million viewers, making it the No. 1 non-sports telecast in ad-supported cable television history. Overall, the three-night telecasts averaged 13.8 total viewers with a 4.9 rating in 18-49 demo. The average rating in the adults demo made it the highest rated miniseries or movie on cable since 1998.
"Hatfields & McCoys" is based on a true American story of a legendary family feud-one that spanned decades and nearly launched a war between Kentucky and West Virginia. Kevin Costner stars as Devil Anse Hatfield, while Bill Paxton portrays Randall McCoy.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest