'Hatfields and McCoys' Finale Breaks the Show's Own Record
"Hatfields & McCoys" made another history in cable channel. The third and final part of the miniseries topped the record set by its first installment by drawing a massive 14.3 million viewers on Wednesday night, May 31. Among the audience, 6.3 million of them were adults 25-54, and 5.1 million were adults 18-49.
On Memorial Day (Monday, May 28), the drama show debuted to 13.9 million viewers, making it the No. 1 non-sports telecast in ad-supported cable television history. Overall, the three-night telecasts averaged 13.8 total viewers with a 4.9 rating in 18-49 demo. The average rating in the adults demo made it the highest rated miniseries or movie on cable since 1998.
"Hatfields & McCoys" is based on a true American story of a legendary family feud-one that spanned decades and nearly launched a war between Kentucky and West Virginia. Kevin Costner stars as Devil Anse Hatfield, while Bill Paxton portrays Randall McCoy.
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra