'Hatfields and McCoys' Finale Breaks the Show's Own Record
"Hatfields & McCoys" made another history in cable channel. The third and final part of the miniseries topped the record set by its first installment by drawing a massive 14.3 million viewers on Wednesday night, May 31. Among the audience, 6.3 million of them were adults 25-54, and 5.1 million were adults 18-49.
On Memorial Day (Monday, May 28), the drama show debuted to 13.9 million viewers, making it the No. 1 non-sports telecast in ad-supported cable television history. Overall, the three-night telecasts averaged 13.8 total viewers with a 4.9 rating in 18-49 demo. The average rating in the adults demo made it the highest rated miniseries or movie on cable since 1998.
"Hatfields & McCoys" is based on a true American story of a legendary family feud-one that spanned decades and nearly launched a war between Kentucky and West Virginia. Kevin Costner stars as Devil Anse Hatfield, while Bill Paxton portrays Randall McCoy.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'