'Hatfields and McCoys' Finale Breaks the Show's Own Record
"Hatfields & McCoys" made another history in cable channel. The third and final part of the miniseries topped the record set by its first installment by drawing a massive 14.3 million viewers on Wednesday night, May 31. Among the audience, 6.3 million of them were adults 25-54, and 5.1 million were adults 18-49.
On Memorial Day (Monday, May 28), the drama show debuted to 13.9 million viewers, making it the No. 1 non-sports telecast in ad-supported cable television history. Overall, the three-night telecasts averaged 13.8 total viewers with a 4.9 rating in 18-49 demo. The average rating in the adults demo made it the highest rated miniseries or movie on cable since 1998.
"Hatfields & McCoys" is based on a true American story of a legendary family feud-one that spanned decades and nearly launched a war between Kentucky and West Virginia. Kevin Costner stars as Devil Anse Hatfield, while Bill Paxton portrays Randall McCoy.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard