'Hatfields and McCoys' Finale Breaks the Show's Own Record
"Hatfields & McCoys" made another history in cable channel. The third and final part of the miniseries topped the record set by its first installment by drawing a massive 14.3 million viewers on Wednesday night, May 31. Among the audience, 6.3 million of them were adults 25-54, and 5.1 million were adults 18-49.
On Memorial Day (Monday, May 28), the drama show debuted to 13.9 million viewers, making it the No. 1 non-sports telecast in ad-supported cable television history. Overall, the three-night telecasts averaged 13.8 total viewers with a 4.9 rating in 18-49 demo. The average rating in the adults demo made it the highest rated miniseries or movie on cable since 1998.
"Hatfields & McCoys" is based on a true American story of a legendary family feud-one that spanned decades and nearly launched a war between Kentucky and West Virginia. Kevin Costner stars as Devil Anse Hatfield, while Bill Paxton portrays Randall McCoy.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed