Beyonce, Colin Farrell and Steven Tyler Attached to Animated 'Epic'
A new 3D CG animated film will have a star-studded voice cast ranging from Beyonce Knowles to Colin Farrell. "Epic" is a 20th Century Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios project directed by Chris Wedge of "Ice Age".
Per Deadline, the stars and the characters they voice are Beyonce as Queen Tara, Farrell as Ronin, Josh Hutcherson as Nod, Amanda Seyfried as Mary Katherine, Johnny Knoxville as Mandrake, Aziz Ansari as Mub, rapper Pitbull as Bufo, Jason Sudeikis as Bomba, and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler as Nim Galuu. Also in the cast are Blake Anderson and Judah Friedlander.
Although the character names are revealed, the synopsis provided does not explain who will play what role. It is described as "a battle deep in the forest between the forces of good and evil. When a teenaged girl finds herself magically transported into this secret universe, she must band together with a rag-tag team of fun and whimsical characters to save that world, which in turn saves the real world."
"Epic", which was developed under the working title "Leafmen", will be released May 24, 2013 in the U.S.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March