Beyonce, Colin Farrell and Steven Tyler Attached to Animated 'Epic'
A new 3D CG animated film will have a star-studded voice cast ranging from Beyonce Knowles to Colin Farrell. "Epic" is a 20th Century Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios project directed by Chris Wedge of "Ice Age".
Per Deadline, the stars and the characters they voice are Beyonce as Queen Tara, Farrell as Ronin, Josh Hutcherson as Nod, Amanda Seyfried as Mary Katherine, Johnny Knoxville as Mandrake, Aziz Ansari as Mub, rapper Pitbull as Bufo, Jason Sudeikis as Bomba, and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler as Nim Galuu. Also in the cast are Blake Anderson and Judah Friedlander.
Although the character names are revealed, the synopsis provided does not explain who will play what role. It is described as "a battle deep in the forest between the forces of good and evil. When a teenaged girl finds herself magically transported into this secret universe, she must band together with a rag-tag team of fun and whimsical characters to save that world, which in turn saves the real world."
"Epic", which was developed under the working title "Leafmen", will be released May 24, 2013 in the U.S.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist