Zhang Ziyi Demands Apology for False Sex Scandal Story
Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi, who claimed her fame in Hollywood through her role in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", denies that she gets $100 million for prostituting herself. Also, she is demanding an apology from a Hong Kong newspaper which reported her sexual relationship with Chinese politician Bo Xilai.
"The accusations made against award-winning actress Zhang Ziyi are completely false and defamatory," Ziyi's rep told the press. "There is no truth in any of the allegations that have come forth which are a result of calculated cruel intentions against a well-respected established actress. Legal repercussions are ensuing and these scandalous reports will not be tolerated in any way."
The Apple Daily first claimed that it got its story from Boxun.com which is a Chinese site operating in U.S. It was claimed that Ziyi has been paid millions of dollars to carry on sexual relationship with Xilai since 2007. They were introduced to each other by his billionaire pal.
After the story was published, Ziyi reportedly was under police investigation and was not allowed to leave the country. Her latest movie "Dangerous Liaisons" was premiered at Cannes Film Festival last week but she did not come. Of this, her rep said, "We just want to help her get rid of this disturbance and seek justice. Then she will be able to shoot her films in peace and quiet and present you, her fans, with more and better films in return."
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?