Zhang Ziyi Demands Apology for False Sex Scandal Story
Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi, who claimed her fame in Hollywood through her role in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", denies that she gets $100 million for prostituting herself. Also, she is demanding an apology from a Hong Kong newspaper which reported her sexual relationship with Chinese politician Bo Xilai.
"The accusations made against award-winning actress Zhang Ziyi are completely false and defamatory," Ziyi's rep told the press. "There is no truth in any of the allegations that have come forth which are a result of calculated cruel intentions against a well-respected established actress. Legal repercussions are ensuing and these scandalous reports will not be tolerated in any way."
The Apple Daily first claimed that it got its story from Boxun.com which is a Chinese site operating in U.S. It was claimed that Ziyi has been paid millions of dollars to carry on sexual relationship with Xilai since 2007. They were introduced to each other by his billionaire pal.
After the story was published, Ziyi reportedly was under police investigation and was not allowed to leave the country. Her latest movie "Dangerous Liaisons" was premiered at Cannes Film Festival last week but she did not come. Of this, her rep said, "We just want to help her get rid of this disturbance and seek justice. Then she will be able to shoot her films in peace and quiet and present you, her fans, with more and better films in return."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics