Zhang Ziyi Demands Apology for False Sex Scandal Story
Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi, who claimed her fame in Hollywood through her role in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", denies that she gets $100 million for prostituting herself. Also, she is demanding an apology from a Hong Kong newspaper which reported her sexual relationship with Chinese politician Bo Xilai.
"The accusations made against award-winning actress Zhang Ziyi are completely false and defamatory," Ziyi's rep told the press. "There is no truth in any of the allegations that have come forth which are a result of calculated cruel intentions against a well-respected established actress. Legal repercussions are ensuing and these scandalous reports will not be tolerated in any way."
The Apple Daily first claimed that it got its story from Boxun.com which is a Chinese site operating in U.S. It was claimed that Ziyi has been paid millions of dollars to carry on sexual relationship with Xilai since 2007. They were introduced to each other by his billionaire pal.
After the story was published, Ziyi reportedly was under police investigation and was not allowed to leave the country. Her latest movie "Dangerous Liaisons" was premiered at Cannes Film Festival last week but she did not come. Of this, her rep said, "We just want to help her get rid of this disturbance and seek justice. Then she will be able to shoot her films in peace and quiet and present you, her fans, with more and better films in return."
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner