Family Puts Amy Winehouse's Beloved House for Sale
Anyone can buy Amy Winehouse's home in north London for 2.7 million pounds. A spokesman for the late singer's family said on Thursday, May 31 that they are selling the three-bedroom house because it would be inappropriate if they live there.
"The Winehouses have decided to put the house on the market, with great regret," the spokesman said. "Amy loved that house but none of the family felt it appropriate that they should live in it and it was not practical to keep it empty while paying the costs of its upkeep."
When the "Back to Black" singer died last July, fans of her turned the property in Camden into a shrine. Her body was discovered in bed at the house. The 27-year-old was later declared dead of alcohol poisoning.
Interests have been mounting on the house's sale. Graham Lock, spokesman for Housenetwork.co.uk, told the AP, "There's a lot of fans getting in touch about it so we're trying to weed out the genuine interest from people who are just being nosy."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby