Family Puts Amy Winehouse's Beloved House for Sale
Anyone can buy Amy Winehouse's home in north London for 2.7 million pounds. A spokesman for the late singer's family said on Thursday, May 31 that they are selling the three-bedroom house because it would be inappropriate if they live there.
"The Winehouses have decided to put the house on the market, with great regret," the spokesman said. "Amy loved that house but none of the family felt it appropriate that they should live in it and it was not practical to keep it empty while paying the costs of its upkeep."
When the "Back to Black" singer died last July, fans of her turned the property in Camden into a shrine. Her body was discovered in bed at the house. The 27-year-old was later declared dead of alcohol poisoning.
Interests have been mounting on the house's sale. Graham Lock, spokesman for Housenetwork.co.uk, told the AP, "There's a lot of fans getting in touch about it so we're trying to weed out the genuine interest from people who are just being nosy."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'