Family Puts Amy Winehouse's Beloved House for Sale
Anyone can buy Amy Winehouse's home in north London for 2.7 million pounds. A spokesman for the late singer's family said on Thursday, May 31 that they are selling the three-bedroom house because it would be inappropriate if they live there.
"The Winehouses have decided to put the house on the market, with great regret," the spokesman said. "Amy loved that house but none of the family felt it appropriate that they should live in it and it was not practical to keep it empty while paying the costs of its upkeep."
When the "Back to Black" singer died last July, fans of her turned the property in Camden into a shrine. Her body was discovered in bed at the house. The 27-year-old was later declared dead of alcohol poisoning.
Interests have been mounting on the house's sale. Graham Lock, spokesman for Housenetwork.co.uk, told the AP, "There's a lot of fans getting in touch about it so we're trying to weed out the genuine interest from people who are just being nosy."
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville