Family Puts Amy Winehouse's Beloved House for Sale
Anyone can buy Amy Winehouse's home in north London for 2.7 million pounds. A spokesman for the late singer's family said on Thursday, May 31 that they are selling the three-bedroom house because it would be inappropriate if they live there.
"The Winehouses have decided to put the house on the market, with great regret," the spokesman said. "Amy loved that house but none of the family felt it appropriate that they should live in it and it was not practical to keep it empty while paying the costs of its upkeep."
When the "Back to Black" singer died last July, fans of her turned the property in Camden into a shrine. Her body was discovered in bed at the house. The 27-year-old was later declared dead of alcohol poisoning.
Interests have been mounting on the house's sale. Graham Lock, spokesman for Housenetwork.co.uk, told the AP, "There's a lot of fans getting in touch about it so we're trying to weed out the genuine interest from people who are just being nosy."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie