Sylvester Stallone to Fight Robert De Niro in 'Grudge Match'
Six years after reprising his boxer role in "Rocky Balboa", Sylvester Stallone might be back to the fighting ring in his new movie. This time around, the 65-year-old actor is expected to face off Robert De Niro in a big-screen project titled "Grudge Match".
According to The Wrap, the two are in negotiations to portray two retired boxers who return to the ring for a final showdown. "Anger Management" helmer Peter Segal will serve as a director, while Mark Steven Johnson, Bill Gerber and Carrie Gillogly share duty as producers.
The movie is developed by Warner Bros. and reportedly is a "go" project at the studio with filming expected to begin in early 2013. Its latest script is currently being completed by "Entourage" creator Doug Ellin.
Aside from "Grudge Match", Stallone has three other new films, "The Expendables 2", "Bullet to the Head" and "The Tomb", under his belt. As for De Niro, he will next be seen in upcoming movies such as "Freelancers" and "The Silver Linings Playbook".
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle