Sylvester Stallone to Fight Robert De Niro in 'Grudge Match'
Six years after reprising his boxer role in "Rocky Balboa", Sylvester Stallone might be back to the fighting ring in his new movie. This time around, the 65-year-old actor is expected to face off Robert De Niro in a big-screen project titled "Grudge Match".
According to The Wrap, the two are in negotiations to portray two retired boxers who return to the ring for a final showdown. "Anger Management" helmer Peter Segal will serve as a director, while Mark Steven Johnson, Bill Gerber and Carrie Gillogly share duty as producers.
The movie is developed by Warner Bros. and reportedly is a "go" project at the studio with filming expected to begin in early 2013. Its latest script is currently being completed by "Entourage" creator Doug Ellin.
Aside from "Grudge Match", Stallone has three other new films, "The Expendables 2", "Bullet to the Head" and "The Tomb", under his belt. As for De Niro, he will next be seen in upcoming movies such as "Freelancers" and "The Silver Linings Playbook".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers