Sylvester Stallone to Fight Robert De Niro in 'Grudge Match'
Six years after reprising his boxer role in "Rocky Balboa", Sylvester Stallone might be back to the fighting ring in his new movie. This time around, the 65-year-old actor is expected to face off Robert De Niro in a big-screen project titled "Grudge Match".
According to The Wrap, the two are in negotiations to portray two retired boxers who return to the ring for a final showdown. "Anger Management" helmer Peter Segal will serve as a director, while Mark Steven Johnson, Bill Gerber and Carrie Gillogly share duty as producers.
The movie is developed by Warner Bros. and reportedly is a "go" project at the studio with filming expected to begin in early 2013. Its latest script is currently being completed by "Entourage" creator Doug Ellin.
Aside from "Grudge Match", Stallone has three other new films, "The Expendables 2", "Bullet to the Head" and "The Tomb", under his belt. As for De Niro, he will next be seen in upcoming movies such as "Freelancers" and "The Silver Linings Playbook".
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik