Sylvester Stallone to Fight Robert De Niro in 'Grudge Match'
Six years after reprising his boxer role in "Rocky Balboa", Sylvester Stallone might be back to the fighting ring in his new movie. This time around, the 65-year-old actor is expected to face off Robert De Niro in a big-screen project titled "Grudge Match".
According to The Wrap, the two are in negotiations to portray two retired boxers who return to the ring for a final showdown. "Anger Management" helmer Peter Segal will serve as a director, while Mark Steven Johnson, Bill Gerber and Carrie Gillogly share duty as producers.
The movie is developed by Warner Bros. and reportedly is a "go" project at the studio with filming expected to begin in early 2013. Its latest script is currently being completed by "Entourage" creator Doug Ellin.
Aside from "Grudge Match", Stallone has three other new films, "The Expendables 2", "Bullet to the Head" and "The Tomb", under his belt. As for De Niro, he will next be seen in upcoming movies such as "Freelancers" and "The Silver Linings Playbook".
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary