'America's Next Top Model: British Invasion' Winner Is Sophie Sumner
"America's Next Top Model" has wrapped up its 18th cycle with Sophie Sumner being hailed the champion. The 21-year-old English beauty snatched the title after battling it out with rival finalist Laura LaFrate in the season finale that aired Wednesday, May 30.
Early in the episode, the two girls did a shoot for Covergirl's TV commercials and print ad, during which Laura had a panic attack. She was rushed to a hospital, but managed to return in time for a photo shoot for Vogue Italia.
Later, Sophie and Laura sashayed their way at the final runway show. Taking place at the MGM Macao, it featured holographic images with some of the eliminated contestants in attendance.
After the runway show, the judges gave their comments on both girls' performances. Using the word "genius" to describe one of Sophie's contest performances, Tyra Banks declared the pink-haired model as the winner.
Sophie, who previously finished in the second place of "Britain's Next Top Model" cycle 5, scored a modeling contract with LA Models & NY Model Management and a contract with Covergirl cosmetics. She also landed a guest correspondent placement with the Extra news magazine and will be featured in a fashion spread of Vogue Italia.
More America's Next Top Model News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?