'America's Next Top Model: British Invasion' Winner Is Sophie Sumner
"America's Next Top Model" has wrapped up its 18th cycle with Sophie Sumner being hailed the champion. The 21-year-old English beauty snatched the title after battling it out with rival finalist Laura LaFrate in the season finale that aired Wednesday, May 30.
Early in the episode, the two girls did a shoot for Covergirl's TV commercials and print ad, during which Laura had a panic attack. She was rushed to a hospital, but managed to return in time for a photo shoot for Vogue Italia.
Later, Sophie and Laura sashayed their way at the final runway show. Taking place at the MGM Macao, it featured holographic images with some of the eliminated contestants in attendance.
After the runway show, the judges gave their comments on both girls' performances. Using the word "genius" to describe one of Sophie's contest performances, Tyra Banks declared the pink-haired model as the winner.
Sophie, who previously finished in the second place of "Britain's Next Top Model" cycle 5, scored a modeling contract with LA Models & NY Model Management and a contract with Covergirl cosmetics. She also landed a guest correspondent placement with the Extra news magazine and will be featured in a fashion spread of Vogue Italia.
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'