'America's Next Top Model: British Invasion' Winner Is Sophie Sumner
"America's Next Top Model" has wrapped up its 18th cycle with Sophie Sumner being hailed the champion. The 21-year-old English beauty snatched the title after battling it out with rival finalist Laura LaFrate in the season finale that aired Wednesday, May 30.
Early in the episode, the two girls did a shoot for Covergirl's TV commercials and print ad, during which Laura had a panic attack. She was rushed to a hospital, but managed to return in time for a photo shoot for Vogue Italia.
Later, Sophie and Laura sashayed their way at the final runway show. Taking place at the MGM Macao, it featured holographic images with some of the eliminated contestants in attendance.
After the runway show, the judges gave their comments on both girls' performances. Using the word "genius" to describe one of Sophie's contest performances, Tyra Banks declared the pink-haired model as the winner.
Sophie, who previously finished in the second place of "Britain's Next Top Model" cycle 5, scored a modeling contract with LA Models & NY Model Management and a contract with Covergirl cosmetics. She also landed a guest correspondent placement with the Extra news magazine and will be featured in a fashion spread of Vogue Italia.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl