Tyler Perry Denies Reports Bobbi Kristina Walking Off His Sitcom's Set
Tyler Perry has come to Bobbi Kristina Brown's defense after the daughter of his late pal Whitney Houston was rumored to have stormed off the set of his sitcom "For Better or Worse". The 42-year-old filmmaker took to his website to set the record straight, saying there's no truth to the reports.
"I woke up this morning to my publicist calling me saying that there were reports that Bobbi Kristina walked off the set of For Better Or Worse. NOT TRUE AT ALL PEOPLE!!!" so he wrote. "There is no way that she could have walked off the set because we have finished taping the season."
On reports that Bobby Kristina suffered a "private breakdown" and decided she's not ready for the job, Tyler explained, "Were there tough days for her? Yes of course. Not because of the acting or any job-related issues but because of the fact that she had just lost her mother... So yes she was grieving, but grief aside, she managed to finish her obligation and did a great job at the same time."
The "Madea Goes to Jail" actor/director went on telling people to stop reporting false stories about the 19-year-old girl. "PLEASE LEAVE THIS BABY ALONE!!!! AND SHE IS A BABY!!! Please stop the lies and give this child some room to breathe and grieve," he went on stressing. "IF IT WAS YOUR CHILD WOULND'T YOU WANT THAT?"
Radar Online earlier reported that Bobby Kristina, who lands a recurring role on the TBS sitcom, walked off the set a few weeks ago. It was claimed she did it so quietly that "barely anyone saw it," although she broke down into tears.
"She was crying and said she needed a minute, she needed a break to get herself together," a source told the site. "But then she decided she couldn't handle doing the show right now. She's still mourning her mom." The source added that Perry was unhappy with the situation, but still fully supportive of Bobbi Kristina.
"For Better or Worse" itself is based on Perry's 2007 film "Why Did I Get Married?" and its 2010 sequel "Why Did I Get Married Too?". Starring the likes of Michael Jai White, Tasha Smith and Kent Faulcon, it highlights the ups-and-downs of various relationships.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic