Ween Co-Founder Mickey Melchiondo Stunned by Frontman's Split Announcement
Aaron Freeman's recent statement about Ween's break-up has apparently taken Mickey Melchiondo, a.k.a. Dean Ween, completely by surprise. While the rock band's frontman said in an interview he's been mulling the decision for eight years, his fellow co-founder wrote on his private Facebook page, "This is news to me, all I can say for now I guess."
Freeman, who is also known as Gene Ween, opened up about his decision to quit the band in an interview with Rolling Stone from his home in New Jersey. "It's time to move on," the 42-year-old declared. "I'm retiring Gene Ween." Asked if that means the band ends for good, he replied, "Pretty much, yeah. It's been a long time, 25 years. It was a good run."
During the interview, Freeman insisted that there is no bad blood between him and Melchiondo. The rocker, who released his solo debut, "Marvelous Clouds", earlier this May, simply said, "For me it's a closed book. In life sometimes, in the universe, you have to close some doors to have others open. There's no, 'Goddamn that such and such!' For me, I'd like to think it's a door I can close finally."
There are yet official words about the break-up of Ween. When reached out regarding the matter, Freeman's publicist told the A.V. Club, "I actually don't have any further info at the moment but will alert you once I do."
More Ween News
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!