Ween Co-Founder Mickey Melchiondo Stunned by Frontman's Split Announcement
Aaron Freeman's recent statement about Ween's break-up has apparently taken Mickey Melchiondo, a.k.a. Dean Ween, completely by surprise. While the rock band's frontman said in an interview he's been mulling the decision for eight years, his fellow co-founder wrote on his private Facebook page, "This is news to me, all I can say for now I guess."
Freeman, who is also known as Gene Ween, opened up about his decision to quit the band in an interview with Rolling Stone from his home in New Jersey. "It's time to move on," the 42-year-old declared. "I'm retiring Gene Ween." Asked if that means the band ends for good, he replied, "Pretty much, yeah. It's been a long time, 25 years. It was a good run."
During the interview, Freeman insisted that there is no bad blood between him and Melchiondo. The rocker, who released his solo debut, "Marvelous Clouds", earlier this May, simply said, "For me it's a closed book. In life sometimes, in the universe, you have to close some doors to have others open. There's no, 'Goddamn that such and such!' For me, I'd like to think it's a door I can close finally."
There are yet official words about the break-up of Ween. When reached out regarding the matter, Freeman's publicist told the A.V. Club, "I actually don't have any further info at the moment but will alert you once I do."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart