'Iron Man 3' New Set Photo Confirms the Inclusion of Iron Patriot
"Iron Man 3" will indeed feature a new version of Iron Man suit. Coming Soon has obtained new photos from the Wilmington set of the upcoming Marvel film, showing James Badge Dale donning the Iron Patriot costume. In one of the images, the actor wore the suit complete with the helmet.
The red, white and blue armor first appeared in 2009's "Dark Avengers" #1 following the events of Secret Invasion. In the comics, Norman Osborn took the technology from Stark Industries and designed the suit to represent the then-recently-deceased Captain America.
Osborn, who is a "Spider-Man" villain, was declared as a national hero after he stopped a Skrull invasion. He was then tasked to lead a group of government sanctioned-Avengers, but replaced the members with supervillains.
Since Osborn is one of the characters owned by Sony, he will likely not appear in the third "Iron Man" movie. Meanwhile, Dale, who sported the suit on the film's set, was previously reported to play Eric Savin. In the comics, Savin becomes the cyborg villain Coldblood.
"Iron Man 3" has been filming in North Carolina with Shane Black serving behind the lens. Robert Downey Jr. reprises his role as Tony Stark a.k.a the armored hero, Gwyneth Paltrow returns as Pepper Potts, and Don Cheadle once again portrays Rhodey.
Walt Disney Pictures will release the superhero action movie in theaters across the U.S. on May 3, 2013. The Mandarin has been widely rumored as the main villain, but it has not been confirmed yet.
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip