Kris Allen Denies Saying 'American Idol' Had Run Its Course
Kris Allen never said that "American Idol" should end after airing for almost ten years. Contrary to the report which was first spread by TMZ, the winner of the reality series' eighth season claimed that he never bashed the singing competition.
"It was the weirdest thing ever," he said during a radio interview with Washington, D.C.'s Hot 99.5 on early Tuesday, May 29. "It seems a little fabricated to be honest. It feels like they were putting words in my mouth but it's whatever, they do what they do."
Declaring that he has been a huge fan of "Idol", the 26-year-old singer insisted, "I would never ever, ever, ever say anything that would harm the show or make it seem like I'm not happy with it." He went on mentioning how the FOX show changed his life, "It's done so many great things for me. It's given me amazing opportunities to make music."
Earlier this month, TMZ asked Allen why the show's season 11 finale, which saw Phillip Phillips winning over Jessica Sanchez, was down in ratings. "I don't know man, maybe the show's been going on for too long," the "Live Like We're Dying" singer was heard saying in a video accompanying the site's story.
More American Idol News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell