Kris Allen Denies Saying 'American Idol' Had Run Its Course
Kris Allen never said that "American Idol" should end after airing for almost ten years. Contrary to the report which was first spread by TMZ, the winner of the reality series' eighth season claimed that he never bashed the singing competition.
"It was the weirdest thing ever," he said during a radio interview with Washington, D.C.'s Hot 99.5 on early Tuesday, May 29. "It seems a little fabricated to be honest. It feels like they were putting words in my mouth but it's whatever, they do what they do."
Declaring that he has been a huge fan of "Idol", the 26-year-old singer insisted, "I would never ever, ever, ever say anything that would harm the show or make it seem like I'm not happy with it." He went on mentioning how the FOX show changed his life, "It's done so many great things for me. It's given me amazing opportunities to make music."
Earlier this month, TMZ asked Allen why the show's season 11 finale, which saw Phillip Phillips winning over Jessica Sanchez, was down in ratings. "I don't know man, maybe the show's been going on for too long," the "Live Like We're Dying" singer was heard saying in a video accompanying the site's story.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift