Kris Allen Denies Saying 'American Idol' Had Run Its Course
Kris Allen never said that "American Idol" should end after airing for almost ten years. Contrary to the report which was first spread by TMZ, the winner of the reality series' eighth season claimed that he never bashed the singing competition.
"It was the weirdest thing ever," he said during a radio interview with Washington, D.C.'s Hot 99.5 on early Tuesday, May 29. "It seems a little fabricated to be honest. It feels like they were putting words in my mouth but it's whatever, they do what they do."
Declaring that he has been a huge fan of "Idol", the 26-year-old singer insisted, "I would never ever, ever, ever say anything that would harm the show or make it seem like I'm not happy with it." He went on mentioning how the FOX show changed his life, "It's done so many great things for me. It's given me amazing opportunities to make music."
Earlier this month, TMZ asked Allen why the show's season 11 finale, which saw Phillip Phillips winning over Jessica Sanchez, was down in ratings. "I don't know man, maybe the show's been going on for too long," the "Live Like We're Dying" singer was heard saying in a video accompanying the site's story.
More American Idol News
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli