Jessica Sanchez Reveals Her Dream to Collaborate With Eminem
Jessica Sanchez has yet to sign any record deal post-"American Idol", but she already has one name in mind when it comes to her dream collaboration. In an interview with MTV News, the runner-up of season 11 called Beyonce Knowles her inspiration in music, but she would prefer to have Eminem as a collaborator in her debut album.
"This is going to seem odd, but I love Eminem," the 16-year-old singer shared her thought. On the reason why, she explained, "He has so much conviction and emotion in the way he raps; every word that he raps, you feel it. And I think our talents would mesh. So, hopefully, it could happen, and I would just die if he'd collaborate with me!"
Speaking of her plans for her first effort, the aspiring singer, who competed in the first season of "America's Got Talent", said she's aiming to give it a more "urban" direction. She further noted, "I don't want people to just hand me music and be like, 'Here, you sound good on this. Sing it.' I want to be able to say 'This is me.' "
During the chat, Sanchez also shared her thought on "Change Nothing", the "coronation song" she was set up with for the finale. "It was confusing, because it was the winning song, and you try to pick a song that you'd want to put out as a single but also that would sound good when you won the competition," she said.
"I felt like I had to sing a vocally strong song but also one that was kind of mainstream, and that was in the middle, kind of," the San Diego native explained. "And even listening to it, I was telling them, 'Some things have to be changed in this, because this is not completely me.' And when we did that, nothing was really that changed, and that's why it came out like a pop single."
Sanchez further assured that "American Idol" isn't fixed. "It really is America, and if America enjoys [male singers], then they do," she insisted. "I'm just here to please my fans, and make music for them. Now that the competition is over, I can do that and be happy with that." She added, "I was doing it for my family, I was doing it for myself because I loved it."
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs