Report: Mandarin Will Be Main Villain in 'Iron Man 3' After All
Though "Iron Man 3" has just begun its production in Wilmington, North Carolina for several days, some alleged details from the set of the movie have already been shared online. Among those spoilerish information, there was one report coming from Comic Book that suggested The Mandarin as the lead villain in the third armored hero film.
According to the site, a source "involved with the production" confirmed that the Chinese scientist was "definitely the villain." The source added, "Mandarin had a set of twins that did most of his dirty work for him." Another insider, who claimed to have visited EUE/Screen Gems Studio, stated that "the sets they were building included Chinese storefronts."
It has been widely speculated that Mandarin will appear in "Iron Man 3" since "Iron Man" and "Iron Man 2" helmer Jon Favreau had been setting up to have the Chinese genius as the lead villain in the third film. Nonetheless, ever since Favreau passed on the helming duty to Shane Black, the possibility became somewhat unclear.
Aside from the possible details about the supervillain, the movie site described the situation near the "Iron Man" threequel set in NC. Multiple sources who had a chance to enter the Cape Fear Club reported to have seen "extras dressed in military uniforms and suits. The extras in suits were described as looking like Secret Service men."
Additionally, other insiders said that some of the upcoming film's story will take place in Miami, Florida. A source claimed to have spotted "emergency vehicles - police, ambulance and fire-rescue vehicles - emblazoned with logos for the city of Miami and Miami PD being unloaded from production trucks near the closed part of the set last night while crews prepared to begin shooting Iron Man 3 at the Cape Fear Club later today."
After filming in Wilmington, "Iron Man 3" reportedly will continue its principal photography in China. Robert Downey Jr. reprises his role as Tony Stark a.k.a the armored hero, with Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle returning as Pepper Potts and Rhodey respectively. Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce are also on board to tackle the villainous parts.
Walt Disney Pictures will unleash the superhero movie in the United States on May 3, 2013.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip