Mary J. Blige Explains Her Charity Woes
Mary J. Blige has broken her silence on the legal woes involving her charity foundation. "As Founder and CEO of FFAWN, I am ultimately responsible for anything that goes wrong," so the R&B singer said in a statement to respond to the lawsuit.
The Mary J. Blige and Steve Stoute Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now is sued by TD Bank over unpaid loan. It took out $250,000 in June 2011 but only paid $368.33. A group of artists also claimed they were not paid for performing at one of its fundraising events.
"The problem is that I didn't have the right people in the right places doing the right things," she explained. "This should have never been allowed to happen, but it did and now we are fixing it."
With the help from a new team of experts, Mary J. currently works tirelessly to "get the Foundation back on track, rectify outstanding issues, and make good on all of FFAWN's obligations."
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'