Mary J. Blige Explains Her Charity Woes
Mary J. Blige has broken her silence on the legal woes involving her charity foundation. "As Founder and CEO of FFAWN, I am ultimately responsible for anything that goes wrong," so the R&B singer said in a statement to respond to the lawsuit.
The Mary J. Blige and Steve Stoute Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now is sued by TD Bank over unpaid loan. It took out $250,000 in June 2011 but only paid $368.33. A group of artists also claimed they were not paid for performing at one of its fundraising events.
"The problem is that I didn't have the right people in the right places doing the right things," she explained. "This should have never been allowed to happen, but it did and now we are fixing it."
With the help from a new team of experts, Mary J. currently works tirelessly to "get the Foundation back on track, rectify outstanding issues, and make good on all of FFAWN's obligations."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video