Mary J. Blige Explains Her Charity Woes
Mary J. Blige has broken her silence on the legal woes involving her charity foundation. "As Founder and CEO of FFAWN, I am ultimately responsible for anything that goes wrong," so the R&B singer said in a statement to respond to the lawsuit.
The Mary J. Blige and Steve Stoute Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now is sued by TD Bank over unpaid loan. It took out $250,000 in June 2011 but only paid $368.33. A group of artists also claimed they were not paid for performing at one of its fundraising events.
"The problem is that I didn't have the right people in the right places doing the right things," she explained. "This should have never been allowed to happen, but it did and now we are fixing it."
With the help from a new team of experts, Mary J. currently works tirelessly to "get the Foundation back on track, rectify outstanding issues, and make good on all of FFAWN's obligations."
More Mary J. Blige News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified