Mary J. Blige Explains Her Charity Woes
Mary J. Blige has broken her silence on the legal woes involving her charity foundation. "As Founder and CEO of FFAWN, I am ultimately responsible for anything that goes wrong," so the R&B singer said in a statement to respond to the lawsuit.
The Mary J. Blige and Steve Stoute Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now is sued by TD Bank over unpaid loan. It took out $250,000 in June 2011 but only paid $368.33. A group of artists also claimed they were not paid for performing at one of its fundraising events.
"The problem is that I didn't have the right people in the right places doing the right things," she explained. "This should have never been allowed to happen, but it did and now we are fixing it."
With the help from a new team of experts, Mary J. currently works tirelessly to "get the Foundation back on track, rectify outstanding issues, and make good on all of FFAWN's obligations."
More Mary J. Blige News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months