Mary J. Blige Explains Her Charity Woes
Mary J. Blige has broken her silence on the legal woes involving her charity foundation. "As Founder and CEO of FFAWN, I am ultimately responsible for anything that goes wrong," so the R&B singer said in a statement to respond to the lawsuit.
The Mary J. Blige and Steve Stoute Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now is sued by TD Bank over unpaid loan. It took out $250,000 in June 2011 but only paid $368.33. A group of artists also claimed they were not paid for performing at one of its fundraising events.
"The problem is that I didn't have the right people in the right places doing the right things," she explained. "This should have never been allowed to happen, but it did and now we are fixing it."
With the help from a new team of experts, Mary J. currently works tirelessly to "get the Foundation back on track, rectify outstanding issues, and make good on all of FFAWN's obligations."
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation