New Characters of 'Game of Thrones' Season 3 Revealed
"Game of Thrones" is yet to wrap up the second season, but a scoop from the third season has been shared. Entertainment Weekly has obtained a list of new characters that will be featured in the upcoming chapter, revealing that Mance Rayder will make appearance on the show.
Mance Rayder has been mentioned on the medieval series throughout the second season as Jon Snow is on his way to meet this former Night's Watchman. He is now the "King Beyond the Wall" who leads the Wildlings.
Fans will additionally get to meet Stannis Baratheon's wife Lady Selyse Florent and his daughter Shireen. More relatives of the current characters that will also be introduced next season are Ser Brynden Tully who is Catelyn Stark's uncle, and Olenna Redwyne who is Margaery Tyrell's sharp-witted grandmother.
Jojen Reed and Meera Reed will be featured in the future as well though they did not appear in season 2. Other new faces that will join the show in season 3 are Daario Naharis (a confident and seductive warrior), Edmure Tully (a brash young member of the Tully family), Beric Dondarrion (the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners), Thoros of Myr (a red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre), and Tormund Giantsbane (a Wildling raider).
Showrunner David Benioff teases that there will be more new characters appearing in season 3 as he says, "And a few others...holy hell that's a lot of new faces." Speaking of the creative decisions taken this year and for next season, he explains to EW, "If you hurl 300 characters at an audience, the story collapses under the weight of too many faces, too many names, and too many subplots."
He continues sharing, "We need to be just as mindful of the audience members who have never read the books as we are of the readers; the series will fail if we only appeal to those who already know the characters. So we try to be parsimonious about how many new roles we introduce to the story and when we introduce them."
Meanwhile, the second season of "Game of Thrones" will reach its end on Sunday, June 3. It's recently reported that the finale will run 10 minutes longer than the show's episodes normally do. Titled "Valar Morghulis", the outing sees the aftermath of the Blackwater battle.
More Game of Thrones News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'