Simon Pegg Slams Rumor That Khan Is Major Villain in 'Star Trek 2'
Though multiple insiders revealed that Khan would indeed be the major villain in the "Star Trek" sequel, one of the film's leading actors, Simon Pegg, insisted that the rumor was not true. The Scotty depicter claimed that the untitled Star Trek sequel would be very different from 1982's "Wrath of Khan".
"It's not Khan," Pegg told The Telegraph. "That's a myth. Everyone's saying it is, but it's not." Asked if the Khan rumor actually came from J.J. Abrams' famously secretive camp, the British actor claimed, "No, I think people just want to have scoop. It annoys me - it's beyond the point to just ferret around for spoilers all the time to try to be the first to break them."
The actor 42-year-old actor went on complaining, "It just spoils the film. It masquerades as interest in the movie but really it's just nosiness and impatience." He stated, "You just want to say, 'Oh f**k off! Wait for the film!' "
Asked what villainous character Benedict Cumberbatch would actually play, Pegg reluctantly responded that the 35-year-old actor would star as "not just another disgruntled alien." He added, "It's a really interesting... sort of... thing. Obviously I can't talk about it."
Previously, Trek Movie stated that Khan would appear as the main antagonist in the anticipated sequel. The site claimed, "Khan is back in 2013, however sources indicate that the film is not a rehash of 'Space Seed', the original Star Trek episode where Kirk and crew first encounter the genetic superman from the past."
Being slated for a May 17, 2013 release in the U.S., "Star Trek 2" still hasn't revealed its official plot details. Aside from Pegg, the much awaited sci-fi movie will bring back Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine, Anton Yelchin, Karl Urban and John Cho as Spock, Uhura, James T. Kirk, Pavel, Bones and Hikaru Sulu respectively.
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!