Mumford and Sons Unveil Details on U.S. Gentlemen of the Road Stopovers
Mumford & Sons will be staging a series of mini music festivals for their fans in the United States. The British folk rock band have just announced that they will be visiting four cities in four weekends, beginning August 4 in Portland, Maine, as part of their Gentlemen of the Road Stopovers.
In a press release, it is detailed that the one-day events will combine "local vendors and activities" with the four-man band topping an eclectic lineup, which includes St. Vincent, Gogol Bordello and Dawes. Tickets for the shows will be $69, with no additional service fees or hidden charges, and will go on sale Friday, June 1 through the tour's official site.
Of the tour, the band say in a statement, "The Gentlemen of the Road Stopover is based loosely upon our favorite festivals like Colorado's Telluride Bluegrass and Scotland's Loopallu Festivals." They further explain, "We want to stop off in towns where bands don't usually tour, and celebrate the local people, food and music."
"We're keen to promote the town's local businesses, and we'll be using the local bars and venues for after-show parties, whilst working closely with the local people to get everyone involved in making these shows spectacular. There will be a host of our friends playing too, and the vibe falls somewhere between 'traveling Victorian circus' and 'Victorian traveling circus'. It should be a whole lot of fun."
The U.S. tour announcement came shortly after the band teased on when their follow-up to "Sigh No More" will be released. In a backstage interview with 3FM at the Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands, keyboardist Ben Lovett spilled, "We finished the record this week. We hope to get it out in September. We just figured that out, September 24th."
A representative for the band, however, was quick to note that nothing has been confirmed just yet. Speaking of the suggested date for the band's second album, the rep told Billboard.com, "It could be the date, but I think [Lovett] said that a bit prematurely."
Dates and details for Mumford & Sons' Gentlemen of the Road stopovers:
- Aug. 4: Portland, ME at the Eastern Promenade (with St. Vincent, Dawes, The Maccabees, Apache Relay, Simone Felice and Haim)
- Aug. 11: Bristol, VA/TN at State Street in Downtown Bristol (with Dawes, JEFF the Brotherhood, the Very Best, Justin Townes Earle, Apache Relay, Simone Felice and Haim)
- Aug. 18: Dixon, IL at Page Park (with Gogol Bordello, the Very Best, Grouplove, Two Gallants, Apache Relay and Haim)
- Aug. 25: Monterey, CA at Monterey County Fairgrounds (with Gogol Bordello, the Very Best, Grouplove, Two Gallants, Apache Relay and Haim)
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Rashad Jennings and Normani Kordei Are Neck-and-Neck
- Zack Snyder Leaves 'Justice League' Due to Family Tragedy, Joss Whedon Will Take Over the Project
- 'Hotel Transylvania: The Series' Coming in June - Get the First-Look Image and Teaser!
- New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Photos: See Dany's 747-Sized Dragon in War!
- Trying to Make Kourtney Kardashian Jealous, Scott Disick Jets Off to Cannes With Bella Thorne
- Amber Rose Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt in Tiny Bodysuit
- Explosion at Ariana Grande's Gig in Manchester Killed 19 People, Injured 50 Others
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'