Clint Eastwood's Daughter Francesca Laughs Off Controversial Birkin Pictures
Francesca Eastwood shrugged off controversy surrounding Tyler Shields' pictures that feature her destroying a $100,000 Birkin bag. She laughed it off when one of her fans tweeted to her, "Some people are mad at @francesca_e for destroying a Birkin. Why aren't they pissed at Hermes for pricing a bag at $100k?"
Another Twitter user comforted the daughter of Clint Eastwood in a tweet that read, "Dont worry abt all the haters who r crazy 4 materialism. U r beautiful. Block them out. 100K or 0, it's still just a purse!" In response to such posting, the "Mrs. Eastwood & Company" star wrote back, "yes! Thank u."
Francesca and Tyler angered some people through a photo shoot that sees the former biting, sawing and burning the expensive bag. "This is the red Crocodile Birkin VS the red $200 chainsaw and 4 dollars of gasoline!" so Tyler explained. "IT IS INSANE!" He added, "Destruction is a beautiful version of freedom..."
Some called the stunt "a gross and pathetic attempt at shock value," especially during hard economic times. Others considered it "incredibly insensitive," "disgusting," "offensive," and "shameful." They also attacked Francesca using derogatory words like "w***e," "b***h" and "c**t." There was at least one who sent her a death threat as well.
On the other hand, one of the few who came to Francesca and Tyler's defense wrote an argument on his official website, "It's Called ART for a reason. It has served it's purpose in that art it made to inspire an emotional reaction. He has the $$ to burn the bag. You don't, I don't either. Oh freaking well. Cheers Mr Shields! Great work."
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split