One Direction's Zayn Malik Recalls Crashing a Vespa During Video Shoot
Zayn Malik of One Direction has had a minor solo accident at a recent video shoot. In an interview with Celebs on Sunday magazine, the one-fifth of the "What Makes You Beautiful" hitmakers revealed that he lost control of a brand new scooter and crashed it during the filming of a segment for the promo.
"I smashed up a Vespa," the 19-year-old Bradford-native recalled the incident. "I'm making this sound more glamorous than it actually was. It just span out and went crazy, ran on about two meters and hit some gravel. And it was a limited edition, worth thousands. They had to put red nail polish on it to cover the scratches."
Malik's bandmate, Liam Payne, added that it was the former "The X Factor" contestant's first attempt at driving a scooter. "He'd never driven a moped before and he had this brand new red one we were using in a video shoot - and crashed it," he joked.
Meanwhile, One Direction are currently touring across North America to promote their debut album "Up All Night". Last Saturday, May 26 night, the British boyband performed live at the Beacon Theatre, New York City. On Monday, they greeted their fans in New Jersey before heading to Toronto, Canada.
More One Direction News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!