One Direction's Zayn Malik Recalls Crashing a Vespa During Video Shoot
Zayn Malik of One Direction has had a minor solo accident at a recent video shoot. In an interview with Celebs on Sunday magazine, the one-fifth of the "What Makes You Beautiful" hitmakers revealed that he lost control of a brand new scooter and crashed it during the filming of a segment for the promo.
"I smashed up a Vespa," the 19-year-old Bradford-native recalled the incident. "I'm making this sound more glamorous than it actually was. It just span out and went crazy, ran on about two meters and hit some gravel. And it was a limited edition, worth thousands. They had to put red nail polish on it to cover the scratches."
Malik's bandmate, Liam Payne, added that it was the former "The X Factor" contestant's first attempt at driving a scooter. "He'd never driven a moped before and he had this brand new red one we were using in a video shoot - and crashed it," he joked.
Meanwhile, One Direction are currently touring across North America to promote their debut album "Up All Night". Last Saturday, May 26 night, the British boyband performed live at the Beacon Theatre, New York City. On Monday, they greeted their fans in New Jersey before heading to Toronto, Canada.
More One Direction News
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli