One Direction's Zayn Malik Recalls Crashing a Vespa During Video Shoot
Zayn Malik of One Direction has had a minor solo accident at a recent video shoot. In an interview with Celebs on Sunday magazine, the one-fifth of the "What Makes You Beautiful" hitmakers revealed that he lost control of a brand new scooter and crashed it during the filming of a segment for the promo.
"I smashed up a Vespa," the 19-year-old Bradford-native recalled the incident. "I'm making this sound more glamorous than it actually was. It just span out and went crazy, ran on about two meters and hit some gravel. And it was a limited edition, worth thousands. They had to put red nail polish on it to cover the scratches."
Malik's bandmate, Liam Payne, added that it was the former "The X Factor" contestant's first attempt at driving a scooter. "He'd never driven a moped before and he had this brand new red one we were using in a video shoot - and crashed it," he joked.
Meanwhile, One Direction are currently touring across North America to promote their debut album "Up All Night". Last Saturday, May 26 night, the British boyband performed live at the Beacon Theatre, New York City. On Monday, they greeted their fans in New Jersey before heading to Toronto, Canada.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri