Exclusive: ABC Family's 'Bunheads' Pilot Debuted Ahead of Show's Premiere
"Bunheads" is yet to premiere on ABC Family until June 11, but AceShowbiz has got an exclusive access to watch the first episode online. On the center of the story is Michelle, played by Tony Award winner Sutton Foster, who is a former ballerina turned Vegas showgirl.
Michelle impulsively marries a man, moves to his coastal town and takes an uneasy role at her new mother-in-law's dance school. Her relationship with the young girls in the dance class is another highlight in the pilot.
To air every Monday at 9/8c, "Bunheads" features Kelly Bishop in the recurring role as Fanny Flowers, Michelle's judgmental mother-in-law. Amy Sherman-Palladino ("Gilmore Girls") created the show, which has tapped Kenny Ortega to direct an upcoming episode.
The show's pilot can be seen on abcfamily.go.com by entering the case-sensitive passcode AceBunheads, which can only be used one time for each person. The pilot is limited to only 4,000 views and available through Sunday, June 3.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival