Video: Madonna Rehearses Mash-Up of 'Express Yourself' and 'Born This Way'
Madonna appears to have prepared a mash-up of "Express Yourself" and "Born This Way" for her upcoming MDNA world tour. A behind-the-scenes video of the "4 Minutes" hitmaker during rehearsals in Tel Aviv, Israel popped out via YouTube on Sunday, May 27, displaying her singing the chorus of the Lady GaGa anthem midway through the performance of her 1989 track.
Upon its release back in 2011, "Born This Way" quickly gained attention for its similarity to Madge's "Express Yourself". When addressing the controversy, GaGa told NME, "The only similarities are the chord progression." She added, "Just because I'm the first f***ing artist in 25 years to think of putting it on Top 40 radio, it doesn't mean I'm a plagiarist, it means that I'm f***ing smart."
Madge had also shared her thought on the rip-off rumor. In an interview with Newsweek, the "Give Me All Your Luvin' " singer admitted, "I thought, 'What a wonderful way to redo my song'. I mean, I recognized the chord changes. I thought it was ... interesting." She also told Cynthia McFadden on "20/20" that GaGa's song "feels reductive."
Madge is set to kick off her MDNA tour in Tel Aviv on Thursday, May 31. In the meantime, GaGa is currently on the road for her Born This Way Ball tour. The "Bad Romance" hitmaker performed in Singapore on Monday, May 28. After the concert, she tweeted, "Tonight was magical Singapore. Hot sweaty dance hall. I had such an amazing show, thank you for all your love!"
More Madonna News
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo