Video: Gordon Ramsay Taken Out by Teddy Sheringham in Charity Soccer Game
Gordon Ramsay was injured during a soccer match. It was supposed to be a friendly match between some retired pro soccer players and celebrities, but former All England star Teddy Sheringham seemed to take the game too seriously.
Playing for Team England, Sheringham slammed Ramsay, who was in the Rest of the World squad, to the ground in a rough collision. The celebrity chef appeared in a lot of pain and was carried off the field in a stretcher before being given oxygen by paramedics and taken to hospital for a more proper treatment.
"Gordon was taken to hospital after injuring his back during the game. He was released after receiving treatment and although he's in pain today, there shouldn't be any long term damage," his representative said. ''He would like to thank the medical team at the ground and the hospital for the excellent care he received.''
Ramsay himself gave update on his condition by writing a message to his Twitter followers. The "Hell's Kitchen" star wrote, "Out of hospital after receiving amazing care from medics at ground & hospital. Bit sore but fine." He additionally thanked his fans for their outpouring supports, "Thx 4 all the messages."
The Soccer Aid 2012 took place in Manchester, England on Memorial Day weekend, Sunday, May 27, and raised more than $6 million to benefit UNICEF. Near the end of the game, Will Ferrell, who was on the same team with Ramsay, was also seen limping off and reportedly in a lot of pain. His team lost to Team England with a score of 1 to 3.
The winning team had the likes of Robbie Williams, Aston Merrygold and Olly Murs joining forces with such ex-pros as Graeme Le Saux, Des Walker and Martin Keown. Their rivals were Mike Myers, Woody Harrelson, Edward Norton, Mike Meyers and Gerard Butler who teamed up with retired players Clarence Seedorf, Jaap Stam, Hernan Crespo and Roy Keane.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie