'The Walking Dead': David Morrissey Will Make The Governor His Own
David Morrissey has teased about how The Governor will be seen on "The Walking Dead" TV series. Talking about his preparation to star on the AMC hit series, the Bobby Dykins of "Nowhere Boy" hints that he will present his own version of the evil character.
"I've got the graphic novels but have only read Robert Kirkman's [prequel] 'Rise of The Governor', which I thought was brilliant. There was so much in that book that I could [use], like the desire for survival above everything else," he tells TV Guide. "I'm finding out what his fears, anxieties and loves are so I can make him my own."
On what he's most looking forward to about joining the show, the English thesp reveals, "It's the right show at the right time. My family will be joining me in Atlanta. I've known Andrew Lincoln from around London; we have mutual friends. And I get to go to Comic-Con."
Season 3 of "Walking Dead" will be mostly set in a prison, but for Morrissey, it's not the first time he works in a jail. "I did a show in the U.K. called 'Out of Control', where we worked in an actual juvenile prison. I shadowed an officer, which gave me insight into how we treat prisoners," he shares.
In the comic, Rick and his group first meet The Governor when they find a new settlement of survivors in Woodbury. The Governor, also known as Phillip, has sadistic methods of leadership which are counter-balanced with a personal struggle involving his daughter.
Also appearing in the upcoming season is sword-wielding heroine Michonne, who has been introduced in the season 2 finale. Tackling the part is "Treme" alumna Danai Gurira.
More The Walking Dead News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3