Kevin Feige Promises Major New Antagonist for 'Thor 2', Slams Thanos Rumor
Kevin Feige has revealed clues on what to expect in "Thor 2". The President of Production of Marvel Studios promised that the God of Thunder will face off a major new villain in the sequel, but claimed that the bad guy would not be Thanos.
Speaking to Empire magazine, Feige debunked rumors that Thanos could appear in the sequel to "Thor" to seek revenge after Loki failed him in "The Avengers". He stated, "No, future, future. But there will be a major new villain. A major, major new antagonist..."
Though Feige didn't unveil who is the new bad guy in "Thor 2", it has been speculated that Mads Mikkelsen will be the one to tackle the villainous part. His casting news has been broken a few days ago, but it is still unclear which antagonist role he will play.
The new major villain aside, Feige discussed what else to expect from the follow-up movie. "We're going to see the other side of Asgard," he gushed. "It's not all polished and golden in this film. And the events of Avengers will have affected Thor for sure. His relationship with Loki will continue to evolve, and the biggest part is Natalie and Thor returning with Jane Foster."
"Thor 2" will bring back Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston as the titular hero and his evil brother Loki respectively. Also returning to the cast ensemble are Idris Elba as Heimdall, Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, and Anthony Hopkins as Odin.
Walt Disney Pictures has scheduled to release the film in the U.S. theaters on November 15, 2013.
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'