Video: Kris Allen Goes Acoustic on 2012 National Memorial Day Parade
Another "American Idol" alum has made an appearance in Washington, D.C. for an annual event honoring the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Season 8 winner Kris Allen took part in National Memorial Day Parade a day after Jessica Sanchez and Chris Daughtry performed at PBS National Memorial Day concert.
On Monday, May 28, the 26-year-old singer hopped on a float to provide some entertainment for thousand of people who've been lining along Constitution Avenue. Strumming his guitar, he delivered an acoustic version of "The Vision of Love", the lead single of his second studio album "Thank You Camellia".
Before stepping out for the parade, Allen reminded his Twitter followers about his gig. "Gonna be at the National Memorial Day Parade today weather is beautiful," so he tweeted on Monday. "Come on out!" He followed it up with another tweet that read, "Or just watch in the comfort of your home."
This is not the first time Allen, whose father has retired from the Air Force, went to D.C. for a Memorial Day performance. Last year, the "No Boundaries" singer took the stage at the West lawn of the Capitol to belt out "God Bless the USA" at PBS National Memorial Day concert.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels