Video: Kris Allen Goes Acoustic on 2012 National Memorial Day Parade
Another "American Idol" alum has made an appearance in Washington, D.C. for an annual event honoring the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Season 8 winner Kris Allen took part in National Memorial Day Parade a day after Jessica Sanchez and Chris Daughtry performed at PBS National Memorial Day concert.
On Monday, May 28, the 26-year-old singer hopped on a float to provide some entertainment for thousand of people who've been lining along Constitution Avenue. Strumming his guitar, he delivered an acoustic version of "The Vision of Love", the lead single of his second studio album "Thank You Camellia".
Before stepping out for the parade, Allen reminded his Twitter followers about his gig. "Gonna be at the National Memorial Day Parade today weather is beautiful," so he tweeted on Monday. "Come on out!" He followed it up with another tweet that read, "Or just watch in the comfort of your home."
This is not the first time Allen, whose father has retired from the Air Force, went to D.C. for a Memorial Day performance. Last year, the "No Boundaries" singer took the stage at the West lawn of the Capitol to belt out "God Bless the USA" at PBS National Memorial Day concert.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'