Video: Kris Allen Goes Acoustic on 2012 National Memorial Day Parade
Another "American Idol" alum has made an appearance in Washington, D.C. for an annual event honoring the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Season 8 winner Kris Allen took part in National Memorial Day Parade a day after Jessica Sanchez and Chris Daughtry performed at PBS National Memorial Day concert.
On Monday, May 28, the 26-year-old singer hopped on a float to provide some entertainment for thousand of people who've been lining along Constitution Avenue. Strumming his guitar, he delivered an acoustic version of "The Vision of Love", the lead single of his second studio album "Thank You Camellia".
Before stepping out for the parade, Allen reminded his Twitter followers about his gig. "Gonna be at the National Memorial Day Parade today weather is beautiful," so he tweeted on Monday. "Come on out!" He followed it up with another tweet that read, "Or just watch in the comfort of your home."
This is not the first time Allen, whose father has retired from the Air Force, went to D.C. for a Memorial Day performance. Last year, the "No Boundaries" singer took the stage at the West lawn of the Capitol to belt out "God Bless the USA" at PBS National Memorial Day concert.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos