Video: Jessica Sanchez and DAUGHTRY Perform at National Memorial Day Concert
Two "American Idol" alums have taken part in an annual event honoring men and women in the military service. On Sunday, May 27, Jessica Sanchez, the runner-up of season 11, and Chris Daughtry, the fourth-place finisher on season 5, hit the stage set on the West Lawn in Washington, D.C. for the 2012 PBS National Memorial Day concert.
Before hosts Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna came out on the stage, Sanchez got the honor to kick off the show. Wearing a full-length blue gown, the 16-year-old singer belted out the national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner". Daughtry came next with his band, DAUGHTRY. They performed "Home" as a welcome to U.S. troops coming home from war.
Halfway through the event on National Mall, Sinise advised concertgoers to leave and seek shelter due to a line of thunderstorms. Just minutes later, the concert was canceled altogether. According to MJ's Big Blog, the cancellation came in the middle of Natalie Cole's performance. Country singer Trace Adkins, who was also in the performers line-up, has already performed.
Jessica Sanchez's "The Star-Spangled Banner":
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off