Video: Jessica Sanchez and DAUGHTRY Perform at National Memorial Day Concert
Two "American Idol" alums have taken part in an annual event honoring men and women in the military service. On Sunday, May 27, Jessica Sanchez, the runner-up of season 11, and Chris Daughtry, the fourth-place finisher on season 5, hit the stage set on the West Lawn in Washington, D.C. for the 2012 PBS National Memorial Day concert.
Before hosts Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna came out on the stage, Sanchez got the honor to kick off the show. Wearing a full-length blue gown, the 16-year-old singer belted out the national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner". Daughtry came next with his band, DAUGHTRY. They performed "Home" as a welcome to U.S. troops coming home from war.
Halfway through the event on National Mall, Sinise advised concertgoers to leave and seek shelter due to a line of thunderstorms. Just minutes later, the concert was canceled altogether. According to MJ's Big Blog, the cancellation came in the middle of Natalie Cole's performance. Country singer Trace Adkins, who was also in the performers line-up, has already performed.
Jessica Sanchez's "The Star-Spangled Banner":
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special