Video: Jessica Sanchez and DAUGHTRY Perform at National Memorial Day Concert
Two "American Idol" alums have taken part in an annual event honoring men and women in the military service. On Sunday, May 27, Jessica Sanchez, the runner-up of season 11, and Chris Daughtry, the fourth-place finisher on season 5, hit the stage set on the West Lawn in Washington, D.C. for the 2012 PBS National Memorial Day concert.
Before hosts Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna came out on the stage, Sanchez got the honor to kick off the show. Wearing a full-length blue gown, the 16-year-old singer belted out the national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner". Daughtry came next with his band, DAUGHTRY. They performed "Home" as a welcome to U.S. troops coming home from war.
Halfway through the event on National Mall, Sinise advised concertgoers to leave and seek shelter due to a line of thunderstorms. Just minutes later, the concert was canceled altogether. According to MJ's Big Blog, the cancellation came in the middle of Natalie Cole's performance. Country singer Trace Adkins, who was also in the performers line-up, has already performed.
Jessica Sanchez's "The Star-Spangled Banner":
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville