Video: Jessica Sanchez and DAUGHTRY Perform at National Memorial Day Concert
Two "American Idol" alums have taken part in an annual event honoring men and women in the military service. On Sunday, May 27, Jessica Sanchez, the runner-up of season 11, and Chris Daughtry, the fourth-place finisher on season 5, hit the stage set on the West Lawn in Washington, D.C. for the 2012 PBS National Memorial Day concert.
Before hosts Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna came out on the stage, Sanchez got the honor to kick off the show. Wearing a full-length blue gown, the 16-year-old singer belted out the national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner". Daughtry came next with his band, DAUGHTRY. They performed "Home" as a welcome to U.S. troops coming home from war.
Halfway through the event on National Mall, Sinise advised concertgoers to leave and seek shelter due to a line of thunderstorms. Just minutes later, the concert was canceled altogether. According to MJ's Big Blog, the cancellation came in the middle of Natalie Cole's performance. Country singer Trace Adkins, who was also in the performers line-up, has already performed.
Jessica Sanchez's "The Star-Spangled Banner":
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up