Video: Jessica Sanchez and DAUGHTRY Perform at National Memorial Day Concert
Two "American Idol" alums have taken part in an annual event honoring men and women in the military service. On Sunday, May 27, Jessica Sanchez, the runner-up of season 11, and Chris Daughtry, the fourth-place finisher on season 5, hit the stage set on the West Lawn in Washington, D.C. for the 2012 PBS National Memorial Day concert.
Before hosts Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna came out on the stage, Sanchez got the honor to kick off the show. Wearing a full-length blue gown, the 16-year-old singer belted out the national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner". Daughtry came next with his band, DAUGHTRY. They performed "Home" as a welcome to U.S. troops coming home from war.
Halfway through the event on National Mall, Sinise advised concertgoers to leave and seek shelter due to a line of thunderstorms. Just minutes later, the concert was canceled altogether. According to MJ's Big Blog, the cancellation came in the middle of Natalie Cole's performance. Country singer Trace Adkins, who was also in the performers line-up, has already performed.
Jessica Sanchez's "The Star-Spangled Banner":
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'