Phillip Phillips Gives 'American Idol' Car to His Parents, Will Get Another Surgery on May 29
Phillip Phillips has shown his love and gratitude to his parents by giving them the car he won on "American Idol", so TMZ reported. Instead of parading around in the brand new 2013 Ford Fusion which was worth of $25,000, he opted to drive his current car, a 2001 Ford Ranger.
In related news, Phillip allegedly will go under the knife for another surgery to fix his kidney problem this coming Tuesday, May 29. Rumor has it, an "American Idol" honcho has offered his swanky mansion in Malibu to the singer and his parents to stay in during his road to recovery.
Phillip already underwent eight surgeries during his time on "Idol". A stent reportedly was inserted into his kidney seven weeks ago to ease the pain, but his health condition got worse. His doctor urged him to get another surgery immediately during his hometown visit, but he tried his best to postpone it until after the finale.
"It was rough at times and there were a couple of times I thought about going ahead and getting out and getting the surgery done. I came close to almost dropping out to get the surgery done," he once said. "But I had a lot of great doctors and a lot of great people who helped me out through it. I'm blessed to have that."
Although he would have another surgery, the Georgia-born guy assured fans that he would recover in time to hit the road with the rest of Top 10 contestants for a summer tour which will kick off July 6. "I'm not really missing anything. I'll be 100 percent by then, so I'm excited! I should be good to go by tour," he said.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen