'Cougar Town' Gets Ric Swartzlander as New Showrunner
"Cougar Town" has tapped Ric Swartzlander as a showrunner for its fourth season. The comedy veteran replaces Bill Lawrence and Kevin Biegel, who recently announced that they stepped down as day-to-day heads of the series.
Lawrence and Biegel, however, assured fans that they will remain involved in the show. The former, whose wife Christa Miller stars on "Cougar Town", will serve as an executive producer and executive consultant, while the latter will act as a consulting producer.
As for Swartzlander, he has worked on several comedy projects, such as "Ellen", "Samantha Who?" and "Gary Unmarried". He also served as executive producer in pilot "In Security" for TBS, which will air the fourth season of "Cougar Town".
The third season of the comedy series itself will wrap up on Tuesday, May 29 at 8 P.M. on ABC. The one-hour episode will feature [SPOILER ALERT!] the wedding of Courteney Cox's Jules and Josh Hopkins' Grayson, with David Arquette guest starring as a hotel concierge.
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'