'Cougar Town' Gets Ric Swartzlander as New Showrunner
"Cougar Town" has tapped Ric Swartzlander as a showrunner for its fourth season. The comedy veteran replaces Bill Lawrence and Kevin Biegel, who recently announced that they stepped down as day-to-day heads of the series.
Lawrence and Biegel, however, assured fans that they will remain involved in the show. The former, whose wife Christa Miller stars on "Cougar Town", will serve as an executive producer and executive consultant, while the latter will act as a consulting producer.
As for Swartzlander, he has worked on several comedy projects, such as "Ellen", "Samantha Who?" and "Gary Unmarried". He also served as executive producer in pilot "In Security" for TBS, which will air the fourth season of "Cougar Town".
The third season of the comedy series itself will wrap up on Tuesday, May 29 at 8 P.M. on ABC. The one-hour episode will feature [SPOILER ALERT!] the wedding of Courteney Cox's Jules and Josh Hopkins' Grayson, with David Arquette guest starring as a hotel concierge.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video