'Cougar Town' Gets Ric Swartzlander as New Showrunner
"Cougar Town" has tapped Ric Swartzlander as a showrunner for its fourth season. The comedy veteran replaces Bill Lawrence and Kevin Biegel, who recently announced that they stepped down as day-to-day heads of the series.
Lawrence and Biegel, however, assured fans that they will remain involved in the show. The former, whose wife Christa Miller stars on "Cougar Town", will serve as an executive producer and executive consultant, while the latter will act as a consulting producer.
As for Swartzlander, he has worked on several comedy projects, such as "Ellen", "Samantha Who?" and "Gary Unmarried". He also served as executive producer in pilot "In Security" for TBS, which will air the fourth season of "Cougar Town".
The third season of the comedy series itself will wrap up on Tuesday, May 29 at 8 P.M. on ABC. The one-hour episode will feature [SPOILER ALERT!] the wedding of Courteney Cox's Jules and Josh Hopkins' Grayson, with David Arquette guest starring as a hotel concierge.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen