'Cougar Town' Gets Ric Swartzlander as New Showrunner
"Cougar Town" has tapped Ric Swartzlander as a showrunner for its fourth season. The comedy veteran replaces Bill Lawrence and Kevin Biegel, who recently announced that they stepped down as day-to-day heads of the series.
Lawrence and Biegel, however, assured fans that they will remain involved in the show. The former, whose wife Christa Miller stars on "Cougar Town", will serve as an executive producer and executive consultant, while the latter will act as a consulting producer.
As for Swartzlander, he has worked on several comedy projects, such as "Ellen", "Samantha Who?" and "Gary Unmarried". He also served as executive producer in pilot "In Security" for TBS, which will air the fourth season of "Cougar Town".
The third season of the comedy series itself will wrap up on Tuesday, May 29 at 8 P.M. on ABC. The one-hour episode will feature [SPOILER ALERT!] the wedding of Courteney Cox's Jules and Josh Hopkins' Grayson, with David Arquette guest starring as a hotel concierge.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS