'Cougar Town' Gets Ric Swartzlander as New Showrunner
"Cougar Town" has tapped Ric Swartzlander as a showrunner for its fourth season. The comedy veteran replaces Bill Lawrence and Kevin Biegel, who recently announced that they stepped down as day-to-day heads of the series.
Lawrence and Biegel, however, assured fans that they will remain involved in the show. The former, whose wife Christa Miller stars on "Cougar Town", will serve as an executive producer and executive consultant, while the latter will act as a consulting producer.
As for Swartzlander, he has worked on several comedy projects, such as "Ellen", "Samantha Who?" and "Gary Unmarried". He also served as executive producer in pilot "In Security" for TBS, which will air the fourth season of "Cougar Town".
The third season of the comedy series itself will wrap up on Tuesday, May 29 at 8 P.M. on ABC. The one-hour episode will feature [SPOILER ALERT!] the wedding of Courteney Cox's Jules and Josh Hopkins' Grayson, with David Arquette guest starring as a hotel concierge.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner