Malin Akerman Will Portray Blondie's Debbie Harry in 'CBGB' Movie
After landing a role as late porn star Linda Lovelace in "Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story", Malin Akerman is set to portray another real life figure in her upcoming movie. The British actress has been sealed to star as Blondie's frontwoman Debbie Harry in "CBGB", Variety has reported.
Joining Akerman in the movie project is British actor Alan Rickman who has been cast as Hilly Kristal, the owner of CBGB club. "Harry Potter" star Rupert Grint has also been tapped to star as Cheetah Chrome, the guitarist of punk band Dead Boys, who played an important role during the club's rise.
"CBGB" centers on the real-life story of Kristal's legendary New York club and its impact on the underground music scene. The film highlights rock artists like the Talking Heads, Ramones and Blondie.
The movie project will be directed by Randall Miller, who also co-writes the script along with Jody Savin. The filmmaker has scheduled to kick off the principal photography in New York City this June.
As for Akerman, the blond beauty will soon be seen starring opposite Tom Cruise in another rock music-themed movie, "Rock of Ages". She will also star opposite Nicolas Cage in Simon West's actioner "Stolen (2012)".
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video