Malin Akerman Will Portray Blondie's Debbie Harry in 'CBGB' Movie
After landing a role as late porn star Linda Lovelace in "Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story", Malin Akerman is set to portray another real life figure in her upcoming movie. The British actress has been sealed to star as Blondie's frontwoman Debbie Harry in "CBGB", Variety has reported.
Joining Akerman in the movie project is British actor Alan Rickman who has been cast as Hilly Kristal, the owner of CBGB club. "Harry Potter" star Rupert Grint has also been tapped to star as Cheetah Chrome, the guitarist of punk band Dead Boys, who played an important role during the club's rise.
"CBGB" centers on the real-life story of Kristal's legendary New York club and its impact on the underground music scene. The film highlights rock artists like the Talking Heads, Ramones and Blondie.
The movie project will be directed by Randall Miller, who also co-writes the script along with Jody Savin. The filmmaker has scheduled to kick off the principal photography in New York City this June.
As for Akerman, the blond beauty will soon be seen starring opposite Tom Cruise in another rock music-themed movie, "Rock of Ages". She will also star opposite Nicolas Cage in Simon West's actioner "Stolen (2012)".
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent