'Silence of the Lambs' Prequel Focusing on Clarice Is in Development
Another small screen project based on Thomas Harris' Hannibal Lecter novel series is in the works. Lifetime is reported to be in the early stages of developing "Clarice" which is going to focus on Clarice Starling.
According to TV Guide, the drama will follow the exploits of a young Clarice soon after she graduates from the FBI academy. Lifetime first hinted the project during the network's upfront presentation. MGM is going to produce the show.
Clarice was portrayed by Jodie Foster in "The Silence of the Lambs" movie adaptation, which helped the actress earn an Academy Award for best actress. Foster, however, refused to reprise the role in 2001's film "Hannibal". Julianne Moore then took over the role.
The other "Hannibal" TV project which is being developed by NBC will focus on FBI agent Will Graham and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter. They will be "re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship."
Hugh Dancy has been cast in the role of Graham, while title character is yet to be cast. "30 Days of Night" helmer David Slade has been tapped to direct the pilot.
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber