'Silence of the Lambs' Prequel Focusing on Clarice Is in Development
Another small screen project based on Thomas Harris' Hannibal Lecter novel series is in the works. Lifetime is reported to be in the early stages of developing "Clarice" which is going to focus on Clarice Starling.
According to TV Guide, the drama will follow the exploits of a young Clarice soon after she graduates from the FBI academy. Lifetime first hinted the project during the network's upfront presentation. MGM is going to produce the show.
Clarice was portrayed by Jodie Foster in "The Silence of the Lambs" movie adaptation, which helped the actress earn an Academy Award for best actress. Foster, however, refused to reprise the role in 2001's film "Hannibal". Julianne Moore then took over the role.
The other "Hannibal" TV project which is being developed by NBC will focus on FBI agent Will Graham and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter. They will be "re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship."
Hugh Dancy has been cast in the role of Graham, while title character is yet to be cast. "30 Days of Night" helmer David Slade has been tapped to direct the pilot.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up