First Look at Aged Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone in 'The Tomb'
A first look at two action veterans Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone in "The Tomb (2014)" has been unveiled. ET Online had a chance to visit the New Orleans set of the high-octane movie and recorded a few glimpses of the film's scenes, which revealed that Arnie and Sly will appear as two aged prisoners in the upcoming pic.
The showbiz site also sit down with the two actors to discuss the movie and their reunion. Sly said of the plot, "We're just a couple of old war horses talking about the oddest subjects on the planet. I think in the beginning we were competitive - there's no question about it. A little alpha territorial. And then we realized it was good for our careers [to work together]."
Arnie, on the other hand, gushed about reuniting with his old pal in this movie. "The funny thing is we have tried, I think, our entire careers to always work together," he shared. "We have talked about it for three decades and it never happened. I think we tried maybe too hard... But now after the governorship, somehow this just fell into place."
In "The Tomb", Arnold and Sylvester play Emil Rottmayer and Ray Breslin respectively. They meet while in prison and together they team up to escape from the master prison which is designed by none other than Ray himself.
Describing his character, the former Governator said that Emil is "a complex inmate with multiple shades of grey" who fights to keep the prisoners from losing their humanity as they struggle together to survive.
Meanwhile, the "Rambo" actor dished on the genre of the film, which he claimed to be "fading away" nowadays. "You have the superheroes today which are possessed with all extraordinary powers; they can blink and a fireball comes out there," he added. "It's great. And then you have a bunch of us which is just your basic male-pattern badness...Kind of like hands-on action."
"The Tomb" still hasn't got a U.S. release date. Before seeing Arnold and Sylvester in the film, moviegoers could watch them teaming up together for "The Expendables 2", which will arrive in cinemas nationwide on August 17.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri