Eminem 'Starting to Toy' With Next Solo Album
Eminem is heading back to the recording studio for a new solo album in the near future. During a phone interview with New York City radio station Hot 97 on Thursday, May 24 morning, the "Love the Way You Lie" hitmaker revealed that he's currently in the early stages of his next solo effort.
Asked by host Peter Rosenberg what he has on his plate, the 39-year-old rapper spilled, "Well, right now, I'm actually finishing up everything up on the Slaughterhouse album and kind of getting into my next record a little bit, so that's basically the couple of things that I've been working on." He then added, "I'm starting to toy [with the next album], yes."
The Slim Shady actually got into the phone with the station to announce his Hip-Hop group's participation at this year's Summer Jam concert. "Yeah, well, I actually talked to the guys, and they wanna do it so, I mean, I guess we'll just make it official?" he asked Rosenberg, before stating, "Slaughterhouse performing Summer Jam, June 3."
Speaking about Slaughterhouse, the Grammy winner gushed, "I really feel like this group, Hip-Hop needs this, man, and I think people are going to see that when this album comes out man." The group that comprises of Joel Ortiz, Joe Budden, Crooked I and Royce da 5'9" will have their new album "Welcome to: Our House" released in the U.S. on June 12.
Eminem last dropped a solo album in 2010 with "Recovery" that has spawned a pair of chart-topping hits, "Not Afraid" and "Love the Way You Lie". In the summer of 2011, he released a collaboration effort, "Hell: The Sequel", along with fellow Detroit rapper Royce 5'9" under the moniker of Bad Meets Evil.
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri