Eminem 'Starting to Toy' With Next Solo Album
Eminem is heading back to the recording studio for a new solo album in the near future. During a phone interview with New York City radio station Hot 97 on Thursday, May 24 morning, the "Love the Way You Lie" hitmaker revealed that he's currently in the early stages of his next solo effort.
Asked by host Peter Rosenberg what he has on his plate, the 39-year-old rapper spilled, "Well, right now, I'm actually finishing up everything up on the Slaughterhouse album and kind of getting into my next record a little bit, so that's basically the couple of things that I've been working on." He then added, "I'm starting to toy [with the next album], yes."
The Slim Shady actually got into the phone with the station to announce his Hip-Hop group's participation at this year's Summer Jam concert. "Yeah, well, I actually talked to the guys, and they wanna do it so, I mean, I guess we'll just make it official?" he asked Rosenberg, before stating, "Slaughterhouse performing Summer Jam, June 3."
Speaking about Slaughterhouse, the Grammy winner gushed, "I really feel like this group, Hip-Hop needs this, man, and I think people are going to see that when this album comes out man." The group that comprises of Joel Ortiz, Joe Budden, Crooked I and Royce da 5'9" will have their new album "Welcome to: Our House" released in the U.S. on June 12.
Eminem last dropped a solo album in 2010 with "Recovery" that has spawned a pair of chart-topping hits, "Not Afraid" and "Love the Way You Lie". In the summer of 2011, he released a collaboration effort, "Hell: The Sequel", along with fellow Detroit rapper Royce 5'9" under the moniker of Bad Meets Evil.
More Eminem News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik