Aerosmith to Release 'Music From Another Dimension' in Late August
Aerosmith will satisfy their fans' hunger for their new album in three months time. The five-man rock band announced, during a press conference at "American Idol" finale on Wednesday, May 23, that their eagerly-anticipated fifteenth studio album is titled "Music From Another Dimension" and will be released in the United States on August 28.
"It's the kind of thing where it represents who you are," frontman Steven Tyler said of the new effort. "Your album is like a wave, and you ride that album all the way and see what you got. Hopefully we have three or four deep, which means radio play ... Jack Douglass and I and Joe [Perry] ... we worked this thing for the last year, and we're so happy about it."
Guitarist Joe Perry also talked about the upcoming record in a separate interview. During a chat with Ryan Seacrest, he said, "This is the first record in a long long time where I've actually found myself gravitating back towards listening to the roughs for the fun of it. That's what is different about this record."
"Music From Another Dimension" is Aerosmith's follow-up to 2004's "Honkin' on Bobo". This 14-track record marks the band's first album that consists of all new material since 2002's "Just Push Play". Its first single, "Legendary Child", was performed live for the first time by the band on the Wednesday finale of "Idol".
Two months before releasing the effort, Aerosmith will kick off their 2012 Global Warming tour. Announced earlier this year, the road show will start in Minneapolis, Minnesota on June 16 and wrap up in Tacoma, Washington on August 8. It will also include two stops in the band's hometown of Boston.
The track list to "Music From Another Dimension":
- "What Could Have Been Love"
- "Street Jesus"
- "Legendary Child"
- "Oh Yeah"
- "We All Fall Down"
- "Another Last Goodbye"
- "Out Go the Lights"
- "Love Three Times a Day"
- "Shakey Ground"
- "Love a Lot"
- "Freedom Fighter"
- "Up on the Mountain"
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign