Aerosmith to Release 'Music From Another Dimension' in Late August
Aerosmith will satisfy their fans' hunger for their new album in three months time. The five-man rock band announced, during a press conference at "American Idol" finale on Wednesday, May 23, that their eagerly-anticipated fifteenth studio album is titled "Music From Another Dimension" and will be released in the United States on August 28.
"It's the kind of thing where it represents who you are," frontman Steven Tyler said of the new effort. "Your album is like a wave, and you ride that album all the way and see what you got. Hopefully we have three or four deep, which means radio play ... Jack Douglass and I and Joe [Perry] ... we worked this thing for the last year, and we're so happy about it."
Guitarist Joe Perry also talked about the upcoming record in a separate interview. During a chat with Ryan Seacrest, he said, "This is the first record in a long long time where I've actually found myself gravitating back towards listening to the roughs for the fun of it. That's what is different about this record."
"Music From Another Dimension" is Aerosmith's follow-up to 2004's "Honkin' on Bobo". This 14-track record marks the band's first album that consists of all new material since 2002's "Just Push Play". Its first single, "Legendary Child", was performed live for the first time by the band on the Wednesday finale of "Idol".
Two months before releasing the effort, Aerosmith will kick off their 2012 Global Warming tour. Announced earlier this year, the road show will start in Minneapolis, Minnesota on June 16 and wrap up in Tacoma, Washington on August 8. It will also include two stops in the band's hometown of Boston.
The track list to "Music From Another Dimension":
- "What Could Have Been Love"
- "Street Jesus"
- "Legendary Child"
- "Oh Yeah"
- "We All Fall Down"
- "Another Last Goodbye"
- "Out Go the Lights"
- "Love Three Times a Day"
- "Shakey Ground"
- "Love a Lot"
- "Freedom Fighter"
- "Up on the Mountain"
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.