Report: Kelly Osbourne Upset for Being Axed by Madonna as Material Girl Model
Rumor has it, Kelly Osbourne was unhappy that Madonna and Lourdes "Lola" Leon ditched her as a Material Girl spokesmodel in favor of a younger face. According to Chicago Sun-Times, the 27-year-old "Fashion Police" judge felt "betrayed" by the axing.
Madge and her daughter Lola replaced Kelly with Georgia May Jagger, the daughter of The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger. Before Kelly fronted campaigns for the clothing line, Taylor Momsen was picked by the Queen of Pop as its spokesmodel.
In a press conference when announcing the replacement, 20-year-old Georgia gushed, "To be handpicked by Madonna and Lola as the new face of Material Girl is truly amazing." She added, "I've always admired Madonna's style and I'm thrilled to be working with them."
The model, who has appeared in high-profile magazines such as Vogue, Harper's Bazaar and Elle, expressed her excitement on Twitter as well. "I must say I LOVE working with Madonna + Lola," she wrote. "Thank you for all your lovely tweets guys! Cant wait for you to see @materialgirl campaign. Big kiss xxx"
Recalling how she was picked as the new face for the brand, Georgia told Vogue, "It all came together rather quickly. My agent received a call from the Material Girl team saying Lola and Madonna wanted to work together with me. From talking with Lola, she and her mum liked my style and thought it would be a good fit."
"I've always admired Madonna's style and I'm thrilled to be working with her and Lola. I dressed up like her for a school dance once!" she continued. "The campaign will break this summer." She added, "I'm sworn to secrecy until then, but we shot in NY and it was great fun."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support