Elizabeth Taylor Biopic Finds Its Richard Burton in 'True Blood' Alum
Lifetime has found the other half of titular couple in its original movie "Liz & Dick". After casting Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor, the biopic has tapped former "True Blood" actor Grant Bowler to portray Welsh actor Richard Burton.
Talking about Bowler's casting, producer Larry Thompson told E! Online, "We had seen him [Bowler] on tape and liked him but wanted to confirm the chemistry between the two. But this morning we had Lindsay and Grant come into a room at Lifetime and the chemistry exploded."
He went on gushing, "It was just Fourth of July firecrackers going off in the room. We knew from the chemistry that Liz and Dick live again." Teasing that there will be a lot of steamy scenes, he added, "Chemistry means movie magic for sex. This movie will definitely have as much sex as Lifetime will allow."
Bowler, who appeared as Wilhelmina Slater's love interest Connor Owens on "Ugly Betty", is 18 years older than 25-year-old Lohan in real life. Speaking of the age difference, Thompson said, "Richard Burton was quite older than Elizabeth Taylor. This is from a visual point of view just about equal to Liz and Dick. Visually speaking it is a perfect match."
Filming for "Liz & Dick" is set to start on June 4. The story will chronicle the enduring love of movie icons Taylor and Burton, whose fiery romance was the most notorious, publicized and celebrated love affair of its day.
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up