Elizabeth Taylor Biopic Finds Its Richard Burton in 'True Blood' Alum
Lifetime has found the other half of titular couple in its original movie "Liz & Dick". After casting Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor, the biopic has tapped former "True Blood" actor Grant Bowler to portray Welsh actor Richard Burton.
Talking about Bowler's casting, producer Larry Thompson told E! Online, "We had seen him [Bowler] on tape and liked him but wanted to confirm the chemistry between the two. But this morning we had Lindsay and Grant come into a room at Lifetime and the chemistry exploded."
He went on gushing, "It was just Fourth of July firecrackers going off in the room. We knew from the chemistry that Liz and Dick live again." Teasing that there will be a lot of steamy scenes, he added, "Chemistry means movie magic for sex. This movie will definitely have as much sex as Lifetime will allow."
Bowler, who appeared as Wilhelmina Slater's love interest Connor Owens on "Ugly Betty", is 18 years older than 25-year-old Lohan in real life. Speaking of the age difference, Thompson said, "Richard Burton was quite older than Elizabeth Taylor. This is from a visual point of view just about equal to Liz and Dick. Visually speaking it is a perfect match."
Filming for "Liz & Dick" is set to start on June 4. The story will chronicle the enduring love of movie icons Taylor and Burton, whose fiery romance was the most notorious, publicized and celebrated love affair of its day.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?