Elizabeth Taylor Biopic Finds Its Richard Burton in 'True Blood' Alum
Lifetime has found the other half of titular couple in its original movie "Liz & Dick". After casting Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor, the biopic has tapped former "True Blood" actor Grant Bowler to portray Welsh actor Richard Burton.
Talking about Bowler's casting, producer Larry Thompson told E! Online, "We had seen him [Bowler] on tape and liked him but wanted to confirm the chemistry between the two. But this morning we had Lindsay and Grant come into a room at Lifetime and the chemistry exploded."
He went on gushing, "It was just Fourth of July firecrackers going off in the room. We knew from the chemistry that Liz and Dick live again." Teasing that there will be a lot of steamy scenes, he added, "Chemistry means movie magic for sex. This movie will definitely have as much sex as Lifetime will allow."
Bowler, who appeared as Wilhelmina Slater's love interest Connor Owens on "Ugly Betty", is 18 years older than 25-year-old Lohan in real life. Speaking of the age difference, Thompson said, "Richard Burton was quite older than Elizabeth Taylor. This is from a visual point of view just about equal to Liz and Dick. Visually speaking it is a perfect match."
Filming for "Liz & Dick" is set to start on June 4. The story will chronicle the enduring love of movie icons Taylor and Burton, whose fiery romance was the most notorious, publicized and celebrated love affair of its day.
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week