Diane Kruger Denies Engagement Rumor, Gets $45,000 Necklace From Joshua Jackson
Contrary to rumor, Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson are not engaged. A rep for the 35-year-old actress was quick to pour cold water on the engagement rumor soon after it emerged following news that he gave her a $45,000 diamond necklace.
The "Dawson's Creek" actor bought the lavish gift at a Nights in Monaco benefit gala he attended together with his longtime girlfriend. A guest at the dinner reportedly heard Joshua saying that "he was looking for the 'perfect engagement gift'," but his publicist denied it.
The Carla Amorim "Boreal" necklace features 11.7 carats of white diamonds set in 18 carat rose gold. The Helen of "Troy", who came to the fund-raising event in a Prabal Gurung dress, reportedly "was stunned" and "absolutely floored" by his purchase.
A witness testified, "She kept kissing him the rest of the night because she was so shocked still! The necklace is out of this world and he definitely had his eye out for it."
Diane and Joshua have been dating since 2006. Although the couple have no plan to get hitched sometime soon, they have been wearing a ring as a sign of their "commitment." The actress once told Glamour, "Without sounding pessimistic, I learned that I don't believe in marriage."
The ex-wife of French actor-director Giullaume Canet continued, "I believe in a commitment that you make in your heart. There's no paper that will make you stay. A guy friend of mine said, and it made a lot of sense, that people should get married at the end of the road, not the beginning."
More Diane Kruger News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'