'G.I. Joe 2' Pushed Back to 2013 to Get 3D Treatment
Summer movie lineup in 2012 has lost one of its most anticipated titles. It has been reported that Paramount Pictures has decided to push back the release date for "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" from June 29 this year to March 29, 2013.
According to Deadline, the sudden decision was made in order to give the action movie a 3D treatment. "We're going to do a conscientious 3D job because we've seen how it can better box office internationally," explained the studio exec to the film site. "Jim Cameron did all of 'Titanic' 3D in post - and look how well that movie turned out."
Paramount seemingly made a right decision given that 3D format is more promising internationally with Russia and China building new 3D theaters this week. Though so, Hollywood is shocked over the postponement news since Paramount has been massively promoting "G.I. Joe 2" including making a Super Bowl ad earlier this year.
As for another reason why the high-octane movie gets delayed for nine months, it is said that the studio has learned from the blockbuster performance of "The Hunger Games" which proved that March can be a prime time to release big movies.
In "G.I. Joe 2", the Joe team must work together to fight against mercenary Zartan and his accomplices. Having the world leaders under his influence, Zartan launches attack towards innocent populace and has some new heavies on the payroll to keep G.I. Joe at bay.
The Jon M. Chu-directed action film brings back Channing Tatum, Ray Park and Lee Byung-hun as Duke, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow respectively. They will be joined by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Roadblock, Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jaye, Elodie Yung as Jinx and Bruce Willis as General Joseph Colton.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign