'G.I. Joe 2' Pushed Back to 2013 to Get 3D Treatment
Summer movie lineup in 2012 has lost one of its most anticipated titles. It has been reported that Paramount Pictures has decided to push back the release date for "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" from June 29 this year to March 29, 2013.
According to Deadline, the sudden decision was made in order to give the action movie a 3D treatment. "We're going to do a conscientious 3D job because we've seen how it can better box office internationally," explained the studio exec to the film site. "Jim Cameron did all of 'Titanic' 3D in post - and look how well that movie turned out."
Paramount seemingly made a right decision given that 3D format is more promising internationally with Russia and China building new 3D theaters this week. Though so, Hollywood is shocked over the postponement news since Paramount has been massively promoting "G.I. Joe 2" including making a Super Bowl ad earlier this year.
As for another reason why the high-octane movie gets delayed for nine months, it is said that the studio has learned from the blockbuster performance of "The Hunger Games" which proved that March can be a prime time to release big movies.
In "G.I. Joe 2", the Joe team must work together to fight against mercenary Zartan and his accomplices. Having the world leaders under his influence, Zartan launches attack towards innocent populace and has some new heavies on the payroll to keep G.I. Joe at bay.
The Jon M. Chu-directed action film brings back Channing Tatum, Ray Park and Lee Byung-hun as Duke, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow respectively. They will be joined by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Roadblock, Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jaye, Elodie Yung as Jinx and Bruce Willis as General Joseph Colton.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3