Kristen Stewart Gets Support From Robert Pattinson at 'On the Road' Cannes Premiere
"On the Road" has been premiered at the 65th annual Cannes Film Festival as one of the most anticipated movies. Grabbing the attention at the film's special screening event was lead actress Kristen Stewart. Also stealing the spotlight was none other than Robert Pattinson who spared his time to support his longtime rumored girlfriend.
Stewart became the belle of the ball with her elegant look in a Balenciaga slit-to-the-thigh patterned dress designed by Nicolas Ghesquiere that she paired with black peep-toe pumps. Letting loose her long brown hair, the "Twilight Saga" actress finished off her classy look with simple jewelry.
Though hitting the red carpet separately, Pattinson successfully stole the limelight during his solo arrival. Donning round-framed sunglasses, the British heartthrob looked dapper in a formal black suit. He was all smiles when mobbed by swarming cameramen.
Stewart and Pattinson were not the only magnet at the May 23 event. Other cast members of "On the Road" also brought charm to the red carpet with their elegant look. Kirsten Dunst looked chic in a fuchsia gown by Dior, while Tom Sturridge, Garrett Hedlund and Sam Riley oozed masculinity in two-piece suit completed with a bowtie each.
Celebrity guests spotted at the formal occasion included Milla Jovovich who glammed up in a floor-length pink dress, Roxane Mesquida who oozed sexiness in a sheer dress, Kate Upton who opted for an all-black number, and Gabrielle Wright who kept it simple in a white tube frock.
Based on a novel by acclaimed Beat Generation's poet Jack Kerouac, "On the Road" follows the journey of an aspiring New York writer Sal Paradise. After the death of his father, Paradise joins ex-con Dean Moriarty and his wife Marylou in a road trip to discover freedom, the ecstasy of experience, the connectedness of humanity and ultimately themselves.
Stewart plays Marylou, while Riley and Hedlund portay Paradise and Moriarty respectively. They are also joined by Viggo Mortensen, Amy Adams and Steve Buscemi. After being obtained by IFC Films and Sundance Selects, the drama is expected to be released in the U.S. sometime in fall.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl