Brain-Damaged 'Transformers 3' Extra Gets $18.5 M in Settlement
The "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" extra who was seriously injured in the head during a stunt-gone-wrong has settled her lawsuit with $18.5 million. Paramount and DreamWorks that produced the blockbuster hit have agreed in a settlement signed by a judge that they will pay Gabriella Cedillo the aforementioned sum.
Cedillo's lawyer revealed that the movie studios only covered her medical expenses at Loyola University Medical Center which totaled in 350,000 in 2010. But, they "did everything they could to avoid payment. Gabriela was forced onto Public Aid to pay for her medical bills."
In her lawsuit, Cedillo stated that she was one of the 80 extras driving her own vehicle in the background scene shot on September 1, 2010 in Indiana. A cable between a stunt car and another car snapped and smashed through her windshield, striking her in the head. "Completely inadequate superficial weld had been applied in a failed effort to secure the bracket to the [stunt] car," the lawsuit said.
Cedillo, then 26, was airlifted to a nearby hospital but the damage to her brain is permanent. Indiana safety officials investigated the incident and determined that Paramount and DreamWorks did not violate any of their operational standards.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage