Video: Jason Derulo Takes 'Undefeated' to 'American Idol' Stage on First Finale Night
Jason Derulo has given "American Idol" fans the chance to hear live for the first time his brand new song, "Undefeated". The 22-year-old singer got the audience off their feet with the uplifting dance tune on Tuesday, May 22, shortly after Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips were done with their first performance in the final showdown.
Expressing his excitement over the performance, Derulo took to his Twitter and wrote, "1st time performing since my neck injury 2night on idol finale! THANK YOU to the fans that help me write this song #UNDEFEATED." He added, "It's been 2 wks since I took my neck brace off! Still gonna make it happen tonight! NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER LET UP! #UNDEFEATED."
"Undefeated" was part of Coca-Cola's "Perfect Harmony" program. It was completed with the help of "Idol" fans who voted online for their favorite lyrics. In an interview with Ryan Seacrest on the "Idol" host's radio show, he said, "The fans got to help me write the song. I started writing the song, but I left a bunch of lines blank and the fans have been helping me fill in the lines."
"There were lots of great, great lines. It made the process a little difficult," the boyfriend of Jordin Sparks continued to dish on the song's crafting process. "Thankfully, I had a lot of help to whittle it down to a number that I could actually look at. There were tons and tons of great stuff, but we got it down and I believe we came up with the best product!"
Free download of the dance song has been made available on AmericanIdol.com and RyanSeacrset.com.
"American Idol" Performance:
More Jason Derulo News
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24