BET Awards 2012: 'The Help' and 'Red Tails' to Compete for Best Movie
The nominees for the 2012 BET Awards have been announced on Tuesday, May 22. In movie category, critically acclaimed "The Help" and George Lucas-produced "Red Tails" are facing off each other for the coveted Best Movie gong.
Meanwhile, "The Help" star Viola Davis and "Colombiana" actress Zoe Saldana are competing for the Best Actress title. As for the Best Actor category, "Iron Man 2" actor Don Cheadle will face off "Thor" star Idris Elba.
Along with the nominees announcement, BET confirmed that "The Avengers" actor Samuel L. Jackson has been sealed to host the awards ceremony. Slated as the musical performers are Nicki Minaj and Chris Brown.
Of choosing Jackson as the host, BET Networks' president of music programming and specials Stephen G. Hill said, "We are massively excited about having Sam Jackson, the world biggest box office star, host the BET Awards 12." He added, "His wit, presence and gigantic personality are the perfect match for our show."
BET Awards 2012 will be held on Sunday, July 1 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. For this year, the Cadillac Lifetime Achievement honor will be given to Maze featuring Frankie Beverly.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle