will.i.am Carries Olympics Torch While Tweeting From His Phone
will.i.am was multitasking when taking part in Olympics torch relay, prior to the games that will kick off July 27 to August 12. The Black Eyed Peas member was occupied by his cellphone while jogging and carrying the flame to Somerset town center in Taunton, London.
The BEP star, who wore a white track suit, received the flame from tae kwon do instructor Chloe Lock. Holding it in his left hand, he clutched the cellphone on his right hand and used it to send tweets to his followers. At some points, he was seen waving to the cheering crowd.
"1nce in a life time experience. Its my turn for the #runningthetorch. Crazy energy in the uk," he wrote in a series of tweets. "Its nuts here in taurton...so much excitement...#runningthetorch. A great memory in the town of tauton today. i loved tauton...great people."
will later passed the flame to the next runner, biathlete Emma Fowler. "I just saw everyone coming out, excited that the running of the torch was here in their neighbourhood, in their city and pride for the city," he gushed about the crowd gathering on the street.
More will.i.am News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them