will.i.am Carries Olympics Torch While Tweeting From His Phone
will.i.am was multitasking when taking part in Olympics torch relay, prior to the games that will kick off July 27 to August 12. The Black Eyed Peas member was occupied by his cellphone while jogging and carrying the flame to Somerset town center in Taunton, London.
The BEP star, who wore a white track suit, received the flame from tae kwon do instructor Chloe Lock. Holding it in his left hand, he clutched the cellphone on his right hand and used it to send tweets to his followers. At some points, he was seen waving to the cheering crowd.
"1nce in a life time experience. Its my turn for the #runningthetorch. Crazy energy in the uk," he wrote in a series of tweets. "Its nuts here in taurton...so much excitement...#runningthetorch. A great memory in the town of tauton today. i loved tauton...great people."
will later passed the flame to the next runner, biathlete Emma Fowler. "I just saw everyone coming out, excited that the running of the torch was here in their neighbourhood, in their city and pride for the city," he gushed about the crowd gathering on the street.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance