Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott Announced as 'Good Afternoon America' Hosts
"Good Morning America" is going to expand to afternoon starting July 9 at 2 P.M. ET. ABC has officially named the spin-off show "Good Afternoon America", and tapped "GMA" regulars Josh Elliott and Lara Spencer as the co-hosts.
Scheduled to run for nine weeks until Katie Couric's new syndicated talk show, "Katie", premieres on September 10, "Good Afternoon America" will focus on celebrities, pop culture, lifestyle and workplace issues. Additionally, "GMA" anchors Sam Champion, Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos will make "special appearances" on the afternoon edition.
"Good Morning America" will replace "The Revolution", which will end its run after only one season on Friday, July 6. The first-year talk show itself was ordered as a replacement to canceled soap "One Life to Live".
More Good Morning America News
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date