Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott Announced as 'Good Afternoon America' Hosts
"Good Morning America" is going to expand to afternoon starting July 9 at 2 P.M. ET. ABC has officially named the spin-off show "Good Afternoon America", and tapped "GMA" regulars Josh Elliott and Lara Spencer as the co-hosts.
Scheduled to run for nine weeks until Katie Couric's new syndicated talk show, "Katie", premieres on September 10, "Good Afternoon America" will focus on celebrities, pop culture, lifestyle and workplace issues. Additionally, "GMA" anchors Sam Champion, Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos will make "special appearances" on the afternoon edition.
"Good Morning America" will replace "The Revolution", which will end its run after only one season on Friday, July 6. The first-year talk show itself was ordered as a replacement to canceled soap "One Life to Live".
More Good Morning America News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'