Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott Announced as 'Good Afternoon America' Hosts
"Good Morning America" is going to expand to afternoon starting July 9 at 2 P.M. ET. ABC has officially named the spin-off show "Good Afternoon America", and tapped "GMA" regulars Josh Elliott and Lara Spencer as the co-hosts.
Scheduled to run for nine weeks until Katie Couric's new syndicated talk show, "Katie", premieres on September 10, "Good Afternoon America" will focus on celebrities, pop culture, lifestyle and workplace issues. Additionally, "GMA" anchors Sam Champion, Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos will make "special appearances" on the afternoon edition.
"Good Morning America" will replace "The Revolution", which will end its run after only one season on Friday, July 6. The first-year talk show itself was ordered as a replacement to canceled soap "One Life to Live".
More Good Morning America News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist