Report: Katy Perry Remains Friend With Robert Ackroyd Despite Breakup
Katy Perry and Robert Ackroyd reportedly are no longer dating, but they have no hard feelings against each other. A source told E! News that the relationship between the pop singer and the rocker didn't work out because of their hectic schedule.
The source claimed, "She is remaining friends with Rob, but they were never serious to begin with, and she had doubts about it from the start. There are no hard feelings, they are both just very busy and had no expectations. Rob is a good guy, but she just wants to focus on her work."
"It wasn't serious," the source additionally said of the brief fling. "She likes him a lot, but it was just a distraction. It was very short-lived, she's still dealing with getting over her marriage and it's going to take her a while to truly be able to trust anyone again."
News that Katy and Robert called it quit came just a month after they were spotted packing PDAs at Coachella Music Festival in Indio, California. Back then, the estranged wife of Russell Brand and the guitarist of Florence and the Machine were caught on camera hugging and kissing.
Katy herself came with her grandma, Ann Hudson, when attending 2012 Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday night, May 20. "My date to tonight's Billboard Music Awards is hotter than the las vegas weather. SMOKIN'!" she tweeted.
The West Coast singer graced the red carpet in a Blumarine lilac gown with an open back. She later hit the stage to collect Spotlight Award and performed "Wide Awake", a breakup song taken from her repackaged album "Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection".
More Katy Perry News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip